Get Wireless Freedom from your Pedal Board with the Boss WL-50 Pedalboard Wireless System
With the WL-50, it's never been easier to bring wireless freedom to your pedalboard. Driven by new BOSS technology, the WL-50 delivers premium sound and a plug-and-play experience that eliminates all the hassles normally associated with wireless systems. The stompbox-sized receiver fits right alongside your other pedals, and includes a docking port for charging the transmitter and automatically setting the best wireless connection. There's even a handy DC output, allowing you to distribute power to multiple pedals on your board.
Once you experience the wireless independence provided by the WL-50, you'll never go back to using a standard cable again! Setup is quick and simple, and you're able to move about freely while playing at home, jamming with friends, and performing on stage. During sound check at a gig, you can listen to your tone out front and dial in the best sound for your audience. And with the ability to roam and interact with other musicians, your live shows will be more dynamic and entertaining than ever.
Lightning-Fast BOSS Wireless Technology
Equipped with high-performance BOSS wireless technology that debuted in the Katana-Air wireless guitar amp, the WL-50 delivers exceptional sound quality with wide dynamic range. Working in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the system automatically accesses the optimum channel to ensure rock-solid audio performance with absolutely no drop-outs. And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you'll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.
Just Another Pedal on Your Board
The WL-50 has a slightly smaller footprint than a standard BOSS compact pedal and can be powered just like your other stomps, making it an easy addition to any pedalboard setup. Simply place it at the beginning of your chain and connect the receiver's output to the first pedal. The receiver is also equipped with a regular 1/4-inch input jack, so you can always use a traditional guitar cable in a pinch.
Integrated Transmitter Dock
The WL-50 features a built-in dock that's used to charge the transmitter and establish the wireless connection. The system's streamlined profile is maintained even when the transmitter is docked, with a total height that's about the same as a normal BOSS stomp.
Plug In and Rock
Once you've installed the WL-50 on your board and charged the transmitter, it's literally as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. Just dock the transmitter in the receiver, wait about 10 seconds, and then plug the transmitter into your instrument. The optimum wireless connection is set automatically during docking, with no other user operation required.
Cable Tone Simulation
The WL-50 includes two selectable cable tone simulation options that reproduce the natural capacitive effect that's introduced when using a guitar cable with standard passive pickups. You can also bypass the effect when cable tone simulation is not desirable, such as when using an acoustic/electric guitar with an onboard preamp or an instrument with active pickups.
Pedal Power Distribution
When the receiver is powered via a BOSS PSA-S adaptor, it becomes a power distribution center for other stomps on your board. By using an optional PCS-20A daisy-chain cable, you're able to power a number of BOSS compact pedals at the same time.
Battery-Powered Operation for Mobile Gigging
At street gigs and other mobile performance situations, running your pedals on battery power is often the best choice. The WL-50 receiver can run for up to ten hours on two AA batteries, allowing you to take your wireless setup with you!
* The transmission range may vary due to local conditions.
* To charge the transmitter, the receiver must be powered via a BOSS PSA-S adaptor. It's also possible to directly charge the transmitter with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher).
- Wireless Format: BOSS proprietary digital audio format
- Wireless carrier frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Compatible Channels: 14
- Transmission Range: 65 feet line-of-sight
- Latency: 2.3 ms
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB or greater
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz--20 kHz
- Nominal Input Level: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output: Level-10 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: CABLE TONE switch (OFF/SHORT/LONG)
- Indicators: POWER, RECEIVE
- Connectors: INPUT jack; 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack; 1/4-inch phone type, TRANSMITTER jack; 1/4-inch TRS phone type, DC IN jack, DC OUT jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 2, AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw During wireless operation: 60 mA, While charging transmitter: 320 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approximately 10 hours
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet USING THE UNIT SAFELY, Transmitter, Rubber foot x 4, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 2 An AC adaptor (PSA-S series) is required to charge the transmitter (WL-T).
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor, PSA-S series, Parallel DC cord: PCS-20A (DC Plug x8)
Receiver Size & Weight
- Width: 72 mm; 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 121 mm; 4-13/16 inches
- Height: 56 mm; 2-1/4 inches
- Weight (including battery): 220 g; 8 oz
- Nominal Input Level: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- Indicator: BATTERY
- Connectors: Input plug - 1/4-inch TRS phone type, DC IN 5 V port; USB Micro-B type
- Power Supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Supplied from the DC IN 5 V port
- Current Draw: 350mA
- Battery charging time: Approximately 3 hours
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approximately 12 hours
WL-T Transmitter Size & Weight
- Width: 87 mm; 3-7/16 inches
- Depth: 22 mm; 7/8 inches
- Height: 36 mm; 1-7/16 inches
- Weight: 43 g; 2 oz
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.