Get A Remarkable Sound Quality And A Wide Range Of Features With The Casio Privia PX-5S 88-Key Digital Stage Piano
The new Privia PX-5S redefines the stage piano category with unprecedented sound quality and performance features in a lightweight design that is supremely portable. Featuring tone editing, insert effects, MIDI controller capabilities, an 88 Key, Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard and weighing only 24 lbs., the Privia PX-5S is ready to take stage.
POWERED BY AIR
At the heart of the PX-5S Stage Piano is Casio’s proprietary AiR sound source which provides incredible realism, detail and expression for grand piano sounds. In the PX-5S, the power of AiR has been expanded to provide stunning fidelity and control over other instrument tones and effects with 256 notes of polyphony.
OLD SCHOOL, NEW CLASS
In addition to Privia’s award winning grand piano sounds, the PX-5S has an arsenal of newly developed sounds including classic electric piano, harpsichord and clav sounds. Some of these tones are complete with release samples, amplifier and speaker simulations for an incredibly authentic experience.
The PX-5S is a powerful four zone controller, complete with 4 knobs and 6 sliders all of which are completely configurable to control internal sounds, effects parameters or send continuous controllers to other gear. Each zone on the PX-5S can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.
NEW SONIC TERRITORY
The PX-5S redefines what a stage piano should be, providing an arsenal of other sounds and creative tools. The PX-5S includes powerful Hex Layer tones complete with real-time filters and also features four programmable arpeggiators and multitrack phrase sequencing.
To easily access the sounds you need for your performance are Stage Settings. Each Stage Setting configures up to 4 keyboard zones, knob / slider assignments, phrases, arpeggios and effects settings. Each of the 4 zones in a Stage Setting can control an internal PX-5S tone, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.
The PX-5S has 100 completely user configurable Stage Settings which are arranged in 10 banks of 10 each. When you’re within a bank, each Stage Setting is just one button press away allowing you to seamlessly switch configurations during a live show. Stage Settings can easily be edited, moved or replaced using the PX-5S’s Data Manager software.
The PX-5S has an array of physical controllers available including Pitch and Modulation wheels, 4 knobs, 6 sliders and 2 footswitch inputs. The assignments of these controllers are configured separately in each Stage Setting. As an example, for an electric piano Stage Setting the knobs and sliders can be configured to control parameters such as amplifier gain, speaker selection, key-off noise, effects and EQ. In another Stage Setting with several sounds layered, the sliders could be configured to control volume over each zone or component.
Each knob, slider or pedal can simultaneously control two parameters at once, offering superior control over internal tones or external MIDI devices. In addition minimum and maximum values for these controllers can be set, allowing your adjustments to be precise and musical. You can specify if a Zone on the PX-5S responds to a physical controller or not
Pedal inputs on the PX-5S are also highly configurable and include Envelope Response. This allows an ordinary footswitch to control a parameter over time, allowing you to do volume swells, filter sweeps and control effects such as a wah-wah effect in an incredibly musical way. The pedal inputs on the PX-5S also auto-detect the polarity of the footswitch, allowing virtually any brand of footswitch to be used.
Hex Layers were originally introduced in the award winning XW-P1 synthesizer. Due to the power of the AiR sound source, PX-5S takes them several steps further. A Hex Layer is a single complex tone that can be made up of six sample layers. These can be stacked (layered), split or velocity switched. Each of those six layers gets its own filter (LP, HP, BP) and filter envelope, its own AMP envelope and pitch envelope (all 7 stage envel
- Keyboard: 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 Notes
NUMBER OF TONES
- 370 Preset / 350 User
- Keyboard Instrument (including Electric Piano) - 60 Preset, 50 User
- Hex Layer - 50 Preset, 150 User
- Stage Settings: 100 User Stage Settings / 4 zone configurations
- Controllers: 4 knobs, 6 sliders, Pitch & Modwheel, 2 Pedal Inputs
- Arpeggiator: 4 simultaneous programmable 16 step Arpeggiators
- Phrase Sequencer: 8 Tracks, up to 1,000 phrases
- Storage: USB / File & Audio Recording
- System Effects Reverb, Chorus, Delay, String & Damper Resonance
- Insert Effects: 4 simultaneous / Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion (w/ Amp Simulator), Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Mod, Delay, Piano effect
- Master Effects: 4 Band EQ & Compressor
- MIDI Independent: USB & MIDI I/O
- Audio Terminals: 1/4" L&R Input & Output, 1/8" Audio Input
- Dimension: 52.05 x 11.26 x 5.31 (inch)
- Weight: 24.47 lbs (W/O Battery)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA81066
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device