Know Civility And Warmth With This Collings 002H - 12 Fret Rosewood Acoustic Guitar With 1.75" Nut. Collings offers their 00 in its original, 12-fret configuration, a guitar shape that was first designed around the time of the Civil War.
Its dimensions are similar to a typical classical guitar, with a slotted headstock and small pyramid bridge. The comfortable size and timeless appearance of the Collings 00 is matched by the ease of playing that a wider neck and shorter string scale affords. The tone is typically balanced and precise, and the element added by replacing mahogany back and sides with rosewood is a just amazing sweetness. We've seen it adopted for a wide range of playing styles from simple vocal accompaniment to ragtime solos. When you want the durability of a modern guitar but one that has all the appearance of an instrument rooted in an earlier, simpler time, the 00 is a versatile choice.
From the starting point of the wood's density and rigidity, each acoustic guitar top is hand selected, evaluated, and carved to it's own unique thickness, maximizing the tonal potential of each top. Each Collings acoustic guitar, from their most affordable to the highest end, are built with the finest tonewoods available. Each wood is aquired, acclimated and hand selected by master luthiers here at our shop who pick each component with the whole tonality of the end instrument in mind. A combination of PLEK leveling and hand fret dressing insures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel. Premium Waverly open gear tuners offer exceptional tuning stability and smooth reliable operation. Herringbone purflings with ivoroid body bindings are a distinctive feature of our 2-style acoustics. A herringbone and tortoise rosette complete the traditional aesthetic.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Body Length: 19 3/8"
- Body Depth: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 14 1/4"
- Total Length: 38"
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1.75" Upgrade
- Saddle: Bone, Drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.