Get A Classic Traditional Body With Dynamic Sound - The Collings D2H T Traditional 14-Fret Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar With A Baked Sitka Spruce Top and Rosewood Back & Sides
The Traditional Series or "T-Series" guitars reflect Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T-Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin, all nitrocellulose lacquer finish, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
- Top: Baked Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Construction: Animal protein glue
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with small brown herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with gold MOP long diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with black dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.