Experience A Vintage Classic With The Collings I-30 LC Semi-Hollow Body Guitar In Amber Sunburst
Collings' goal for the I-30 LC was to take the concept of a double cutaway, fully-hollow, P90 equipped guitar and refine it to the extent that it offers something truly new for today's players. The result is one of the most acoustically responsive and versatile electric guitars they have ever offered.
The lightweight, "trestle" braced body of the I-30 LC has been refined through extensive R&D, and is the distillation of knowledge gleaned from their popular I-35 and Statesman LC series. The trestle brace design directly couples the neck and tail block, creating exceptional strength and acoustical energy transference, while also allowing for a lightness and responsiveness that is both a tactile and musical joy to experience.
Playing the I-30 LC, you can easily feel the acoustic energy travel through the symmetric arches and re-curves of the top and back. These plates have been custom laminated and voiced for a tonality that is acoustic guitar-like in its resonance and dynamic response, but focused and feedback resistant enough to be utilized in jazz, blues, rock n' roll and many other styles. Our new custom designed trapeze tailpiece provides just the right amount of "give" for a relaxed string feel and effortless playability.
Lollar Dog Ear P90s are perfectly matched to the instrument's acoustic response and offer a wide palette of tones from rich jazzy warmth to 1960's British Invasion style chime. Drawing its inspiration from both classic electric designs and our own previous models, the I-30 LC is an exciting step forward and an intriguing new Collings sound.
- Construction: Fully hollow w/ parallel trestle braces
- Body: Maple laminate
- Top: Maple laminate
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Collings original trapeze tailpiece
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Soundhole: F-holes (unbound)
- Pickups: Lollar Dog Ear P90s w/ custom phenolic covers
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Amber or black top hat
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: 50s style
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Black/Cream/Black
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.