Get High-End Tone On A Compact Body With The Collings OM1 Orchestra Model 14-Fret Acoustic Guitar With Mahogany Back and Sides
'OM' stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flatpickers also find it appealing, and when the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players who routinely explore all 20 frets much as they would on an electric guitar. The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 3/4"
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.