Get Rich And Warm Sound With Premium Tonewoods - Collings OM2H Orchestra Model 14-Fret Acoustic Guitar With A Baked Sitka Spruce Top And Cocobolo Back and Sides
'OM' stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flatpickers also find it appealing, and when the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players who routinely explore all 20 frets much as they would on an electric guitar. The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.
From the starting point of the wood's density and rigidity, each acoustic guitar top is hand selected, evaluated, and carved to it's own unique thickness, maximizing the tonal potential of each top. Each Collings acoustic guitar, from their most affordable to the highest end, are built with the finest tonewoods available. Each wood is acquired, acclimated and hand selected by master luthiers at their shop who pick each component with the whole tonality of the end instrument in mind. A combination of PLEK leveling and hand fret dressing insures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel. Premium Waverly open gear tuners offer exceptional tuning stability and smooth reliable operation. A pairing of Sitka spruce with a Cocobolo back and sides creates a guitar with a crisp yet warm articulation and a beautiful tonal balance.
- Top: Baked Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Cocobolo
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 3/4"
Manufacturer: Collings Guitars
Model: OM2H COCOBOLO
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA94731
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device