Experience Thunderous Tones with the Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega 500W Bass Amp Head
The Alpha·Omega 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all-analog preamplifier, two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), a custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D Module, an ultra-quiet graphic equalizer, and a digital impulse-response cabinet emulator for DI outputs or headphones.
Front Panel Features
- Input: Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
- Passive/Active: Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Distortion: Use this push button to turn on or off the Alpha·Omega Engine™ to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Alpha·Omega Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6-Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping).
- Bite: Boosts high mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Compression: This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha·Omega Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
- Drive: This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha·Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
- Level: Use this knob to control Alpha·Omega Engine’s output volume.
- Blend: Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the DIstortion signal (Alpha·Omega Engine).
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bass: +-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low-end content of the signal.
- Mids: +-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ control the mid content of the signal.
- Treble: +-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
- Master: Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute: Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
Back Panel Features
- Speaker Output: Use this connector to connect the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or 1/4" speaker cable operation.
- WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
- Send: Use this output to send the signal to effects pedals.
- Return: Use this input to receive the signal from effects pedals. Master volume control is after this input.
- Ground Lift: Use this control to lift the ground of the DI XLR output. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal try changing the setting of this control.
- DI Output: Use this connector to send your signal to the console, mic preamp, interface, etc. Both signals are available (Bypass and the amp signal with cabinet simulation) and are switched from the cab select switch.
- USB: The USB connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp.
- Headphone Output: Connect your Headphones and enjoy the impulse based cabinet emulation.
- AUX IN: Use this connector to provide to the Headphone output music from your laptop, cellphone, mp3 player, etc.
- Cabinet Select: Use this switch to navigate between the 3 different cabinet impulses or the clean DI signal.
- Footswitch: The Intelligent Footswitch is a proprietary digitally controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Alpha·Omega Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The distortion push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.. You can use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch. You must remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
- AC Socket: Use this connector to feed electric power to the amplifier. 100 - 230 VAC, 50Hz-60.
- AC Power ON/OFF: Use this Switch to release the audio energy from your bass.
Manufacturer: DarkGlass Electronics
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details