Get A Distinctly Powerful Sound With The Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega 900 900W Bass Amp Head & Footswitch
The Alpha Omega 900 takes the best elements of Darkglass' most successful distortion preamplifier ever, combined with state of the art features to make a monstrous 900-watt amplifier with earth-shattering tone. While Darkglass' signature Alpha and Omega drive engines add incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, the studio-grade VCA compressor adds an extra layer of control, and the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer can help sculpt the tone from aggressive and overdriven to crystal clear clean, whatever your needs may be.
That's not everything though, the MIDI programmability and impulse response cabinet simulation with up to three different storable virtual cabinets make the AO900 not only one of the most complete amplifiers for the touring musician but combined with the auxiliary input and headphone output, the ideal tool for silent practicing.
The Intelligent Footswitch is an intuitive yet versatile accessory for your Alpha Omega 900. One tap will engage and disengage the Distortion, while holding for 3 seconds will Mute the amplifier. It is connected to the head via a standard 1/4" cable and it's powered by a microcontroller that sends commands to the head using a proprietary communication protocol.
The Alpha Omega 900 amplifies the best qualities of one of the most powerful and distinct Darkglass products ever made.
FRONT PANEL FEATURES
- Input: Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard 1/4" mono cable.
- Active/Passive: Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Distortion: Use this push button to turn on or off the Alpha Omega Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Alpha Omega Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6-Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping).
- Bite: Boosts high mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Compression: This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha Omega Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
- Drive: This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
- Level: Use this knob to control Alpha Omega Engine's output volume.
- Blend: Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Alpha Omega Engine).
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Gain: Use this knob to change the volume of the signal before the Active 4 Band EQ. You can set it low for ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for a more aggressive growl.
- Bass: +-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low-end content of the signal.
- Mids: +-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ control the mid content of the signal.
- Treble: +-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
- Master: Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute: Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
BACK PANEL FEATURES
- Speaker Output: Use this connector to connect the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or 1/4" speaker cable operation. The outputs are connected in parallel. WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
- Min-Load: Press this switch when using a 2 ohm load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4 ohm cabinet is not able handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8 ohm cabinet in this configuration).
- Pre Amp Out: You can use this output to connect the preamp to a different power amp.
- Power Amp In: You can use this input to connect a different preamp in the power amp. (master volume will be disabled).
- Ground Lift: Use this control to lift the ground of the DI XLR outputs. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal try changing the setting of this control.
- Pre DI Output: Use this connector to send a balanced copy of your clean signal to the console, mic preamp, interface, etc.
- Post DI Output: Use this connector to connect the Alpha Omega 900 preamplifier to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack. Using this connection you have a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, EQ, master, etc.).
- USB: The usb connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp (midi, compressor, etc.).
- Headphone Output: Connect your Headphones and enjoy the impulse response cabinet emulation.
- Headphone Volume: Controls the volume o
- 26.7cm x 7cm 25.5cm (10.5" x 2.75" x 10")
- 2.9kg (6.39lbs)
Manufacturer: DarkGlass Electronics
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details