More Sound to Your Amps and Speakers
The secret to making speakers sound great lies with the crossover you use. With the dbx® 223xs Crossover you'll get great performance, ultra low-noise, rugged reliability and four decades of dbx knowledge and expertise in building the world's finest processors. The 223xs uses precision filters to separate the audio signal and direct the correct frequencies to your loudspeaker drivers. By directing only the specific frequency bands to each speaker driver the 223xs leaves your amplifiers free to use their full power on the usable signal eliminating distortion and giving your PA system a cleaner and better sound.
The dbx 223xs is a dual channel crossover with all the features you would expect from a professional product. It features Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per octave filters, independent output gain controls for level matching, output phase inversion, 40 Hz low cut filter, and optional mono summing of the low frequency (subwoofer) output. Everything in the design exudes great precision from the solid "click" controls to the high quality XLR inputs and outputs.
- Connectors: XLR (pin 2 hot)
- Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 50k ohm, unbalanced 25k ohm
- Max Input Level: +22dBu balanced or unbalanced
- Connectors: XLR
- Type: Electronically-balanaced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 60 ohm, unbalanced 30 ohm
- Max Output Level: +20dBu balanced/unbalanced into 600 ohms or greater
- Stereo Mode: Low/High: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting)
- Mono Mode: Low/Mid: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting)
- Mid/High: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting)
- Filter type: Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/octave, state-variable
- Front Panel (Low Cut): Activates 40 Hz Butterworth, 12 dB/octave high-pass filter, one switch per channel
- Phase Invert: Inverts the phase at the output, one switch per output
- Rear Panel: x10: Multiplies the crossover frequency range by 10, one switch per channel
- Mode: Selects stereo/mono and 2/3-way operation.
- LF sum: Selects normal (stereo) or mono-summed low frequency operation.
- Stereo Operation: Green LED
- Mono Operation: Yellow LED
- Low Cut: Red LED per channel
- x10 Green LED per channel
- Phase Invert: Red LED per output (3 per channel)
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0/-0.5dB
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 90kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Dynamic Range: 106dB, unweighted, any output
- THD + Noise: 0.004% at +4dBu, 1kHz
- 0.04% at +20dBu, 1 kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: -80dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- CMRR: 40dB, typically 55dB at 1kHz
- Signal-to-Noise: Ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurement bandwidth
- Stereo Mode 94dB (Low Output)
- 91dB (High Output)
- Mono Mode: 94dB (Low Output)
- 93dB (Mid Output)
- 91dB (High Output)
- Operating Voltage: 100 VAC 50/60 Hz; 120 VAC 60 Hz 230 VAC 50/60HZ
- Power consumption: 15W
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Dimensions: 1.75" H X 6.9" D X 19" W (4.5cm x 17.5cm x 48.26cm )
- Weight: 3.7 lbs. (1.7 kg)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.