Exceptional Sound And Rugged Reliability
When the pros need an EQ, they turn to dbx. With a proven track record that spans four decades, dbx® EQs are the industry standard for touring, studios, and audio installations. With the dbx heritage of revered pro EQs, the 231s meets the needs of the most demanding sound reinforcement environments, while offering the simplicity of straightforward controls.
The dbx 231s includes two 31-band channels of 1/3-octave equalization, ±12 dB input gain, switchable ±6 dB or ±12 dB boost/cut range, 20mm nonconductive sliders, an intuitive user interface, and output level metering. From its extended 10Hz to 50kHz frequency response and 112 dB dynamic range to the quality componentry and meticulous attention to detail, the 231s offers exceptional sound and rugged reliability that guarantees you will always sound your best.
Sure to find a home in the studio, on tour and with installed sound venues, the dbx 231s is destined to take its rightful place in the lineage of great dbx signal processors that are the professional's choice in signal processing. With such affordable quality, there's no longer any excuse for compromising your sound.
- Connectors: 1/4" TRS, female XLR (pin 2 hot)
- Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 40k ohm, unbalanced 20k ohm
- Max Input Level: +21dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: 40dB, typically 55dB at 1kHz
- Connectors: 1/4" TRS, male XLR (pin 2 hot)
- Type: Impedance-balanaced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 100 ohm, unbalanced 50 ohm
- Max Output Level: +21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2k ohm or greater
- +18dBm balanced/unbalanced (into 600 ohm)
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5/-1dB
- Frequency Response: 50kHz, +0.5/-3dB
- Dynamic Range: Typicall 112dB
- Signal-to-Noise: Typically 95dB
- THD+Noise: 0.003%
- Interchannel Crosstalk: -90dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- EQ Bypass: Bypasses the graphic equalizer section in the signal path
- Low Cut: Activates the 50Hz 12dB/octave high-pass filter
- Range: Selects either +/- 6dB or +/- 12dB slider boost/cut range
- Operating Voltage: 100VAC-240VAC 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 15W
- Mains Connection: IEC receptacle
- Weight: 6.2 lbs.(2.81 kg) Shipping weight 7.9 lbs.(3.58kg)
- Dimensions: 3.5" (8.9cm) H x 6"(15.24cm) D x 19" (48.26cm) W
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.