Get A Sturdy And Great Sounding DI With The DBX dB10 Passive Direct Box
At dbx, when they do something, they do it right. So when they decided to create their new direct injection boxes, they didn't settle for the same old tired approach to direct box design. With the dbx name on the line, how could they? One look at their new dB10 Passive direct box will tell you that it's clearly different. With its bullet-proof construction, and extraordinary audio performance to rival its looks, finally there's a direct box worthy of the dbx name.
Utilizing custom dbx mu-metal-shielded audio transformers, high-quality Neutrik connectors, and low-noise circuitry preserves the sonic integrity and true characteristics of the signal source. The db10 includes a pad switch that accommodates instrument, line and even speaker level signals. Take even more control of your sound by utilizing the polarity invert switch to set the phase relationship between the direct and mic'd sound.
As a professional, you don't have time for interference, so they've included a ground lift switch to solve potential hum and buzz problems due to ground loops. And between the combined shielding of the cast metal chassis and the custom-wound transformer, you can be doubly assured of a clean signal free from interference. All of this sits atop a solid, stable footprint, that will keep the box from being dragged around the stage, and the unique contoured underside allows secure stacking of multiple units.
- Premium Performance
- Rugged Design
- Stackable Chassis with Durable Rubber Foot
- Gold-plated Neutrik XLR Connector
- Premium Chrome Toggle Switches
- Hi-Z 1/4" Input Jack
- Parallel 1/4" Thru Jack
- Transformer Isolated
- Premium Shielded Custom dbx Transformer
- Balanced XLR Lo-Z Output
- 3-Way 0/20/40 dB Pad Switch
- Flat/High-Cut Filter Switch
- Output Polarity Invert Switch
- Ground Lift Switch
- Input: 1 instrument/line/speaker level
- Input Connectors: 1/4" jack
- Input Type: Unbalanced, RF filtered
- Insert Impedance: 150k Ohm typical
- Max Input: +20dBu (0dB pad); +40dBu (20dB pad); +60dBu (40dB pad)
- Output: (Thru) 1 parallel from input jack, 1/4" Unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Connectors: XLR male balanced
- Output Impedance: 150k Ohm typical
- Max Output: 0dBu
- Transformer: Custom dbx mu-metal-shielded
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-2.5dB
- Noise: -105dB unweighted, 22kHz BW
- THD: 0.01%, 20Hz to 20kHz BW; 0.005%, 1kHz
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.