Beautifully Balanced Tones, With Pronounced Dynamic Range - The Deering Deluxe 5 String Banjo W/Mahogany Resonator And Neck
The Deering Deluxe truly stands out as a banjo with it's own tone. When paired with Deering's -06- bell bronze tone ring, the Deluxe with it's mahogany resonator comes alive and gives you a banjo that will stand out from the pack.
Built with Deering's genuine bell bronze tone ring, three ply violin grade maple rim and one piece, cast, zinc resonator flange, this Deluxe is as easy to play as it is beautiful.
The mother of pearl inlay in the peghead, is the very first Deering logo designed by Greg Deering for his first banjo in 1969. The multicolor binding and high gloss finish enhance the gold and perloid inlays on the exotic, natural ebony fingerboard.
"The inspiration for the inlay artwork comes from the early Boston banjo masters. And if you look at the peghead of the Deluxe, it has some of the same elements as the Sierra, but it is much more expanded and it comes alive with the turn of the century Boston masters element - and that was just the design that flowed out onto the page. It's a lot of fun to have that kind of artwork on a banjo that people can afford. The first professional banjo we made was the Deluxe so it always has a very dear spot to us because it was the first professional banjo we made way back in '79." - Greg Deering
One of Deering's oldest and most popular models, this banjo brings the power, easy playability and maintenance together in a beautiful, historically important banjo that is just as much at home on the front porch as it is on the road. It truly is a Deluxe banjo.
- Mahogany Neck
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Three-Ply Mahogany Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and 1/4" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
- Warm, With Plenty Of Clarity And Good Note Separation
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 5-String Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (G,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10 11 13 21w 10
- End Type: Loop
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Deering Case IncludedManufacturer: Deering Banjos
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.