Traditional Tone With Modern Innovations - The Deering Eagle II 5-String Banjo
Deering's newest and most affordable professional grade resonator 5-string banjo. The Deering Eagle II banjo is a whole new breed of banjo. It features the ground breaking, patent pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring which is a completely original Deering design that is unlike any other traditional tone ring. It produces a high quality sound that is versatile for many styles of playing. While the sound is uniquely Deering Eagle, it represents a refinement in the quality of banjo tone, something that allows the player to soar to new heights. It is perfect for the player who wants a professional quality banjo that he can use for playing many styles of music.
Played by Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons.
- Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Eagle Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Gloss Finish
- Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- 11" Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and 1/4" Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Eagle 2 Piece Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 5/8" Deering Smile Maple/Ebony Top Bridge
- Maple Stained Red Mahogany
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
A strong mid range tone with good bass and vibrant highs, that is versatile for playing both Clawhammer and Bluegrass styles of playing.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (g,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- End Type: Loop
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 10 lbs
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.