Traditional Tone With Modern Innovations - The Deering Eagle II 5-String Banjo
Deering's newest and most affordable professional grade resonator 5-string banjo. The Deering Eagle II banjo is a whole new breed of banjo. It features the ground breaking, patent pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring which is a completely original Deering design that is unlike any other traditional tone ring. It produces a high quality sound that is versatile for many styles of playing. While the sound is uniquely Deering Eagle, it represents a refinement in the quality of banjo tone, something that allows the player to soar to new heights. It is perfect for the player who wants a professional quality banjo that he can use for playing many styles of music.
Played by Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons.
- Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Eagle Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Gloss Finish
- Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- 11" Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and 1/4" Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Eagle 2 Piece Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 5/8" Deering Smile Maple/Ebony Top Bridge
- Maple Stained Red Mahogany
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
A strong mid range tone with good bass and vibrant highs, that is versatile for playing both Clawhammer and Bluegrass styles of playing.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (g,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- End Type: Loop
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 10 lbs
Manufacturer: Deering Banjos
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details