Transition From Guitar To Banjo Easily - The Deering G6S-PZ Goodtime 6 String Banjo With Piezo Pickup
The Goodtime Six was not designed to replace the guitar, but rather complement it. It affords guitarists the chance to play what they already know from a new perspective - with unimaginably creative results.
This is a 6 string, steel string banjo that tunes as a guitar, and that's built with a fast, sleek, comfortable guitar-style neck that already feels like an old friend. The Goodtime 6 has an 11 inch 3-ply violin grade maple rim with a frosted top head lending that traditional banjo snap.
The addition of a piezo pickup that sits directly under the bridge makes for immediate ease recording and going out onstage. Deering's 41 years of banjo know how now puts a quality American made 6 string banjo within reach of any guitarist that's looking to add an authentic banjo sound to their arsenal without breaking the bank.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- Maple Fingerboard With A 15" Radius
- 1 11/16th Nut Width
- Fast, Sleek and Comfortable Neck Profile
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Classic Block Style Hardwood Inlays
- 2 Way Adjustable Truss Rod
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Elixir XL Strings (10, 14, 23, 30, 39, 47)
- Durable Satin Finish
- 6 Strings Tuned Like A Guitar
- Blonde 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Smile Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Goodtime Six Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Goodtime Armrest
- Easy To Play With Clarity Of Note Separation And Round Full Bodied Tone
- E,A,D,G,B,E In Standard Guitar Tuning. Can Easily Be Tuned In Other Tunings As Well
- 1 11/16" Nut Width
- Scale Length Nut To Bridge 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2"
- Weight Approx. 4.5 lbs
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.