Get A Wonderful American Crafted Banjo With The Deering Goodtime Artisan Americana 5 String Banjo
Played with an old time style technique, the Goodtime Artisan Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12" a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11" banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will "cut" more. Since the combination of the Grand 12" rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embodies Greg Deering's lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company - to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Americana Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Peghead shape
- 12" 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 12" Renaissance Medium Crown Head
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32 Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter 12"
- Overall Instrument Length 37 3/4"
- Weight Approx. 5 lbs
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.