Get An Iconic Tube Head Made For The Love Of Metal - TheÂ Diezel Herbert MKIII 180W Guitar Amplifier
The Diezel Herbert is a mighty 180-watt head with three completely independent channels, including separate EQs, for perfectly dialed sounds at any output level.
The Herbert started out as a clean sheet of paper. Peter Diezel began with a different set of parameters. This time, the goal was to produce an extraordinary performance amp, capable of delivering delicate, dynamic shimmer; detailed, focused crunch and aggressive, soaring solo tones effortlessly - right out of the box - with the knobs at 12 o'clock.
Store switches, loop and mute patches simply by hitting the store switch. If you want to expand your rig, Herbert has two different series loops. Use the switchable loop to add channels with an outboard preamp. Use the non-switchable with your preferred FX unit. If you need to tune while gigging, simply set a patch muted with midi.
LOVE OF METAL
With colossal headroom, sophisticated cleans and vicious dirty sounds, this is unlike any other amp you've heard. Hear one with your own ears as soon as possible.Â The iconic Diezel Herbert amplifier is truly made for the love of metal.
3, 5 CHANNELS & MID-CUT
- CH 1: Channel 1 is classic Diezel clean - as solid and pure as a piano. Massive headroom, crystalline sparkle, articulate mids - it's all there, and it holds together beautifully. The Volume, Treble, Middle and Bass EQ points are carefully selected to allow the player to nail the desired voice. The mid cut feature presents even more dialing options.
- CH2: Channel two delivers a wide range of crunchy tones, from barely hairy to Sasquatch and beyond into barbaric solo territory via the dual voicing toggle switch. The (-) mode sets up "vintage" cleans to Plexi sounds to JCM 800 snap and sizzle. The (+) mode has a similar voice, but with much more gain - achieving Diezel trademark crunch with tight, punchy and fast attack - the dream tone for those who prefer the harder rhythm stuff. Keep going â€“ there's so much meaty gain here, you could be completely happy with just channels 1 and 2 - until you play Channel 3.
- CH 3: Channel 3 begins in high gain territory with excellent picking sensitivity and note control. It could be described as percussive, ferocious, simply brutal. From metal rhythms to Recto Psychosis to screaming (or creamy) leads - it just depends on your style/axe/fingers. Crank the mids a bit above noon to add some bite. Simply engage the second master as a volume boost. Channel 3 never runs out of muscular, meaty gain - it's almost a spiritual experience.
- Mid-Cut: The versatile Mid Cut feature is assignable to all channels and has a level control for output matching when engaged.
MASTER & MIDI
- Master Section: Master Volume 1 and Master Volume 2 are independent and fully switchable overall volume controls. This allows for 2 completely separate volumes to be set for any of the 4 independent channels.
- Deep: The Deep Function allows control of how the Hagen amp reacts with the speaker cabinet. It adds bottom end to your cab giving more girth and bass response. This feature is highly useful when using different size cabinets. The Presence control adds just the right amount of sparkle to any of the 4 channels.
- MIDI: MIDI allows for any of the 4 independent channels to be fully programmable and switchable with a midi foot controller. This gives you access to each channel with the capability to add any desired FX. Programmable MIDI makes switching amp channels with different FX combinations instant.
- Output: 180 W
- Channels: Three; with second Master and Mid-Cut with up to 6 voicings
- Loops: One parallel, One insert loops, One switchable insert loop MIDI in and thru / phantom power
- Equalization: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume per channel; Channel 2 additional gain switch; Switchable Mid-Cut with separate volume
- Preamp: Three individually voiced all tube preamps - Clean, Crunch, Lead
- Poweramp: Six tube power amp section with bias control. JJ KT77 recommended
- Dimensions: 74 x 28 x 27 cm / 29" length x 11" wide x 10.75 high
- Weight: 25 kg / 56 lbs
Manufacturer: Diezel Guitar Amplification
Model: HERBERT MK III
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92784
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device