Get One Of The Best Microphones For All Purposes With The DPA 4080-DC-D-B00 CORE Cardioid Mic, Normal SPL, Black, MicroDot
While our miniature omnidirectional mics are ideal for situations where a broad pickup pattern is essential and off-axis noise is not a problem, in some challenging acoustic environments a directional microphone is the better choice. The 4080 Cardioid Lavalier captures the human voice with an unusually high degree of definition. This mic offers maximum side rejection and excellent sonic focus on the subject. It is designed for broadcast, conference and other live performances both in the studio and in the field.
It is acoustically pre-equalized, offering a 4 dB presence boost, which matches the mic’s chest placement perfectly. This makes the voice more distinguishable and improves speech intelligibility. Professionals will appreciate that it is lightweight and offers excellent speech reproduction.
This mic is delivered with a pre-mounted black pop filter in a holder with an integrated shock mount, fixed on a clip. An additional white pop filter is also included. Because of the flexible and practical mounting solution, the mic can easily be turned in all directions so it fits both left- and right-buttoned shirts.
Flexible Adapter System
All of DPA’s microphones can be configured to run easily and effortlessly with a wireless system. We use a unique MicroDot termination on our microphones together with a changeable adapter to ensure secure configuration. All of the adapters we use are original, developed and manufactured by the wireless system brand you use. This ensures that your mic will work consistently with no connection trouble to your system.
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a new microphone. When you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
- Excellent speech reproduction
- Discreet, compact design
- Fits both left and right buttoned shirts
- Delivered with both black and white pop filters
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range +/-2 dB: 250 Hz - 17 kHz with typ. 4 dB soft boost at 4 - 6 kHz (-5 dB at 100 Hz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/-3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 micropascal (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 percent up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1 percent up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 ohms
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems or 48 V phantom power +/-4 V with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 15 g (0.5 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 10 mm (0.4 in)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length 30 mm (1.2 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range: -40 degrees C to 45 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 113 degrees F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90 percent
Manufacturer: DPA Microphones
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details