Get A Pristine Headset & Earset Microphone - The DPA 4288 d:fine Flex Directional Headset and Earset Microphone In Beige
Combining the legendary sound of the 4088 Directional Capsule with the lightweight and flexible d:fine Headset system, the d:fine 4288 Directional Headset Microphone is ideal for both spoken word and vocal performance applications. It offers accurate and natural voice intelligibility and very high-SPL capabilities - users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
This mic provides excellent off-axis rejection in high-SPL situations. It efficiently suppresses distant sound sources making it perfect for demanding live performance environments where background noise and feedback are concerns. In high-SPL events, or when feedback is a concern, the 4088 Directional Capsule will tackle these challenges with ease. The bass response is designed for optimal linearity at 2-3 cm (1 in) from the sound source. This means that the bass roll-off will be relatively prominent at a greater distance - a paramount factor when it comes to rejection of background noise and in the fight to avoid feedback. The microphone capsule is also optimized for low distortion as well as humidity resistance.
The d:fine 4288 is available as an earset or headset. Earset variants are the quickest to put on and often the best choice when miking needs to be fast and easy for example for conference use. Headset variants sit more securely around the head and are ideal for active performance situations. Both types are ergonomically designed to fit comfortably and easily. This mic adjusts to fit any ear size and head shape while at the same time it mounts securely and is hardly visible. By rotating the boom and the ear hook, the microphone can be easily used on either the left or the right ear. The connector splits the cable from the microphone boom allowing you to swap broken cables and/or wireless connectors quickly.
Two directional boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 120 mm (4.7 in) and 100 mm (3.9 in). The boom on this directional mic is 3 cm (1 in) longer than on the omnidirectional version, which matches the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. To avoid "popping", the capsule should not be placed directly in front of the mouth. The 120 mm (4.7 in) is the standard boom length that fits most people.
LEGACY OR CORE BY DPA - THE CHOICE IS YOURS
The legacy d:fine 4288 Directional Headset has always been, and still is, one of the most clear, consistent and robust miniature microphones you can find on the market. Itâ€™s known for working across a wide dynamic range as well as exhibiting low distortion across all SPLs. If you need to squeeze a little more performance out of your mics, choose CORE. The d:fine CORE 4288 Directional Headset gets a 14 dB increase Dynamic range as the 1 percent THD point is higher. What canâ€™t be seen on the specifications is that the CORE delivers an even more open and clear sound.
- Total harmonic distortion: < 1 percent THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 111 dB
All CORE by DPA technology microphones are IP58 certified. This durability is achieved through a number of defense mechanisms:
- Water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- Dual gold plating of the diaphragm
A BIT ABOUT CARDIOIDS
Named for its "heart shaped" polar pattern, a cardioid (or directional) microphone has the most sensitivity at the front and is least sensitive from the sides and at the back. They come in many variations â€“ with wider or narrower angles of sensitivity (supercardioid, hypercardioid, wide cardioid etc.). Although cardioids also pick up sound coming in from the sides, this off-axis sound will norma
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to the left or right
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB, Near field 2-3 cm (0.8 - 1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz (4 - 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/- 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - Legacy: < 1 percent up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - CORE: < 1 percent THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range - Legacy: Typ. 97 dB
- Dynamic range - CORE: Typ. 111 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping :144 dB
- Output impedance From MicroDot: 30 - 40 ohms From DAD6001: 100 ohms
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige or brown
- Weight: Single Ear: 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.25 m (4.1 ft)
- Cable color: Black, beige or brown
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40 degree C to 45 degree C (-40 degree F to 113 degree F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90 percent
Manufacturer: DPA Microphones
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.