Get Accurate And Natural Voice Intelligibility And Very High-SPL Capabilities - The DPA d:fine 4088 Directional Dual-Ear Headset Microphone
The classic d:fine 4088 Directional Headset Microphone is the industry standard in professional headset mics. It offers an open and natural sound making it ideal for both spoken word and vocal performance applications.
It also provides excellent off-axis rejection in high-SPL situations. The microphone efficiently suppresses distant sound sources making it perfect for demanding live performance environments where background noise and feedback are concerns.
The smooth and elegant design of the d:fine 4088 Directional Headset Microphone makes it the most invisible head-worn cardioid microphone in the world. The capsule is a pre-polarized first-order pressure gradient transducer, hidden in a small and lightweight housing. The microphone can be mounted on either the right or left side.
The mechanical design is based on the proven quality of the classic d:fine 4066 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone. The headset mount is exactly the same; the boom however is three centimeters longer in order to meet the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. The flexibility and stability of this construction is unique and has no equal.
FLEXIBLE ADAPTER SYSTEM
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a whole new microphone. And when you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
MICRODOT ADAPTERS OVERVIEW
The d:fine, d:screet and d:vote series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphonesâ€™ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to both the left and right
- Resistant to humidity
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB, Near field 2-3 cm (0.8 - 1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz (4 - 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; 44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB (A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1% up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance): For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
- Color: Black, beige or brown
- Weight: 14 g (0.5 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.5 mm (0.25 in)
- Microphone length: 11 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
Manufacturer: DPA Microphones
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details