Get Accurate And Natural Voice Intelligibility And Very High-SPL Capabilities - The DPA d:fine 88 Microdot 100mm Single-Ear Directional Headset Microphone
The d:fine 88 Directional Headset Microphone combines the legendary sound of the 4088 Directional Capsule with the lightweight and flexible d:fine Headset system. Staying true to the DPA legacy, d:fine offers accurate and natural voice intelligibility and very high-SPL capabilities – users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
Like all of the microphones in the range, the d:fine 88 Directional Headset Microphone offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities. Users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion. The microphone capsule is also optimized for low distortion as well as humidity resistance.
The d:fine 88 Directional Headset Microphone is available with single- or dual-ear mounts. Single-ear mount variants are the quickest to put on and often the best choice when miking needs to be fast and easy. Dual-ear mount variants sit more securely around the head and are ideal for active performance situations.
Available in black, beige and brown, the d:fine 88 Directional Headset Microphone has been ergonomically designed to fit comfortably and easily around the head. This mic adjusts to fit any ear size and head shape while at the same time it mounts securely and is hardly visible. By rotating the boom and the ear hook, the microphone can be easily used on either the left or right ear.
Two directional boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 120 mm (4.7 in), 100 mm (3.9 in).
Designed for professional use, the connector splits the cable from the microphone boom. This allows you to quickly swap broken cables and/or wireless connectors.
FLEXIBLE ADAPTER SYSTEM
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a whole new microphone. And when you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
MICRODOT ADAPTERS OVERVIEW
The d:fine, d:screet and d:vote series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphones’ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
*Pictured in black finish
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to both the left and right
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB, Near field 2-3 cm (0.8 - 1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz (4 - 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD6001: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Color: Black, beige or brown
- Weight: Single Ear: 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.25 m (4.1 ft)
- Cable color: Black, beige or brown
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
Manufacturer: DPA Microphones
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA82932