Capture Crystal Clear, Larger Than Life Drum Sound With The Earthworks CMK4 CloseMic Series Drum Pack (4 Piece)
The Earthworks CMK4 CloseMic™ Kit includes four DM20 DrumMic™ precision engineered cardioid condenser microphones designed for close miking toms and snare in live performance and studio recording environments.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the CMK4 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the microphones delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The DM20 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the DM20, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the DM20 DrumMic™ provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the DM20 removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay putonce you have found its sweet spot.
Included with the CMK4 are four RM1 RimMounts for mounting each DM20 microphone directly on the rim of a snare or toms, eliminating the need for mic stands. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the DM20 with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
- Frequency response from 50Hz-20kHz captures more detail and dynamics of your playing
- Ultra-fast impulse response makes this microphone ideal for reproducing the full detail of the attack
- Substantially shorter diaphragm settling time prevents subtle details from being blurred or covered by earlier loud attacks
- Near-perfect cardioid polar pattern reproduces all specified frequencies uniformly at any position within the pattern
- With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments
- More gain before feedback
- 150dB SPL ensures the mic will not overload from the loudest of drum attacks
- The microphone head housing is designed to protect the microphone capsule and withstand a direct hit from a drumstick
- Flexible but rigid gooseneck that will not move when the drums are hit hard
- Heavy stainless steel construction is able to withstand the punishment of all touring environments
- RM1 RimMount™ is included for mounting the DM20 on rim of snare or toms
- 4 DM20 Microphones(4)
- 4 RM1 RimMount
- 4 PW1 Foam Windscreen
- 1 Carrying Case
- Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz ±2dB at 6 inches (15cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom @ 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 1000Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 282mm x 22mm (11.12 x .860 inches)
- Gooseneck Length: 120mm (4.75 inches)
- Weight: .55 lb. (.25kg)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.