Don't Sacrifice Accuracy For Cost With The Earthworks M23 23 kHz Omnidirectional Measurement Microphone
The M30 is a precision engineered 23kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required.
Known for its reliable performance, the M23 delivers unparalleled audio results at an affordable cost. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 9Hz to 23kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 138dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise.
Immune to most temperature and atmospheric fluctuations, the M23 delivers reliable and repeatable results in any environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M23 ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART, SIM, REW, Electroacoustics Toolbox, FuzzMeasure and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every M23 is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
- 23kHz flat frequency response
- Cost effective measurement microphone
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC previously offered by EAW
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART, MLSSA, Spectrafoo, TEF and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 23kHz Â±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 â€“ 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 138dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Î© balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Î© between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 165mm x 22mm (6.5 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .35 lb. (160g)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.