Get an Instrument Born of Innovation with the Edwards Instruments X-13 Bb Trumpet
When Edwards set out to build the X-13, theoretical/historical concepts were thrown in the waste bin. Instead, they started with a blank slate. They wanted to produce an instrument that is nothing less than a resonant, music-making machine. The X-13 is an instrument worthy of being labeled progressive, evolved, and downright refined.
The X-13’s appearance is striking. Your eyes will be drawn to many aspects of its beautiful design. The X bend with multiple radii and the horn’s wide-body stance not only give this instrument a unique look, they also give it a perfect centered balance.
The X-13’s design allows freedom of movement. Your hands aren’t confined and will remain stress-free for even the longest sessions. In turn, your relaxed state will increase the horn’s resonance — resonance that is available at the softest of dynamics and in all registers. This X-13’s response is nothing like the compressed softs of traditional instruments.
The X-13’s richness within the sound will bring you tonal colors that you can work with to produce brilliance when needed. It offers textures you will find were missing from your life before you played this trumpet. The X-13 will not lock you into any one sound, but rather provide you with the ability to perform with a musical expression beyond your wildest dreams.
- Bore Size: .462"
- Valve Buttons: The new X-13 comes standard with our with newly designed finger buttons and valve top caps for a smoother more controlled feel. Water levers, standard finger buttons and valve caps (standard, medium, or heavy) are available upon request. Custom engraving available upon request.
- Leadpipe: New and improved taper that works together with the bell mandrel to give the player the free feeling without blow compromising your ideal sound.
- Valves: Standard nickel silver pistons with lifetime warranty
- Unipillar: The patented pillar system first used on Edwards Trombones is now available on the X-13. Balance your instrument both tonally and physically with this feature. Each X-13 comes with two pillars; others are available upon request.
- Tuning Slide: New “X” Bend; The 5 radii bend gives you the free blow and accuracy that is unique to the X-13.
- Bell Weight: Lightweight, tonally balanced bell.
- Bell Material: One-piece, handcrafted, yellow brass with new “X” bend.
- Bell Shape: 5” new mandrel; Designed to compliment the new leadpipe taper.
Model: X13- SATIN LACQUER
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details