Turn Your Guitar Into A Bass With The Electro Harmonix Bass9 Bass Machine Guitar Pedal
The polyphonic BASS9 Bass Machine transforms a guitar into nine different basses and requires no special pickups, MIDI or instrument modifications. It relies on the same technology powering all EHX 9 Series pedals, like the award winning MEL9 Tape Replay Machine, but features a new algorithm maximized for transposing one to two octaves down with superior dynamics and tracking.
A rotary switch allows the user to select the sound of their choice, as follows:
- PRECISION: Pays homage to the iconic Fender P Bass
- LONGHORN: Emulates the Danelectro 6-string bass, ideal for baritone type tones
- FRETLESS: Features both electric and standup fretless basses.
- SYNTH: A tribute to the classic Taurus Synthesizer
- VIRTUAL: Lets the user adjust the bassâ€™s body density and neck length for a variety of bass sounds
- BOWED: Classic bowed bass
- SPLIT BASS: Makes it possible for the guitarist to play bass on the lower strings (all notes below F#3) and chords or melody with the higher strings.
- 3:03: A polyphonic salute to the sought after Roland TB-303 vintage bass synth
- FLIP-FLOP: Inspired by EHXâ€™s Octave Multiplexer, it provides a '70s style logic driven sub-octave generator that tracks without glitches.
The pedal is equipped with independent Effect and Dry volume controls so guitarists can precisely tune their mix at the Effects output jack, plus an always-active Dry output jack that outputs the input signal at unity gain.
Controls 1 and 2 have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the nine programs. For example, in PRECISION, CTRL 1 controls the sub-octaves while CTRL 2 imitates the original instrumentâ€™s tone control.
The BASS9 comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply.
- Pays homage to nine of the best bass sounds ever
- Tracks impeccably and works on guitar without mods, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- Independent Effect and Dry volume knobs let you precisely control your mix at the Effects output
- Controls 1 and 2 have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the nine programs
- Dry output jack outputs the input signal at unity gain
- Compact, rugged, easy to use
- Comes with an EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.