Get A More Imposing And Aggressive Fuzz With The Electro Harmonix Op-Amp Big Muff Pi Distortion / Sustainer Pedal
With original late-70s Op-Amp Big Muffs selling for exorbitant prices, Mike Matthews decided to take the power to the people and reissue the classic pedal at a price that players could afford! The circuitry of the new Op-Amp Big Muff -sometimes also referred to as the IC or V4 Big Muff- has been faithfully re-created while several practical enhancements have been added including a compact, die-cast chassis and true bypass switching.
â€œThe Op-Amp Big Muff was popularized by the brilliant Billy Corgan who first used it on the Smashing Pumpkinsâ€™ epic 1993 album Siamese Dream. After he was videotaped playing and talking about the reissue, Billy stated: â€˜The magicâ€™s still in the box, I can still get what Iâ€™m looking for!â€™â€ - Mike Matthews
The pedal relies on op-amps rather than transistors and three gain stages rather than four, to create its signature sound. Itâ€™s a sound thatâ€™s been described by noted Big Muff collector and historian, Kit Rae, as: â€œa huge, crushing Big Muff sound with more crunchâ€¦ great for grungy, wall-of-sound distortion, heavy rhythm playing and heavy leads.â€
- A faithful reissue of the original classic circa 1978
- Iconic sound and vibe thatâ€™s coveted by guitarists
- Controls for Tone, Sustain and Volume, plus a Tone Bypass switch.
- True bypass switching for maximum signal integrity in bypass mode
- Rugged, compact, die-cast packageâ€¦ pedalboard friendly
- Ships with a 9Volt battery, also accepts an optional EHX9.6DC-200 AC Adapter
Model: OP AMP BIG MUFF
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details