*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Hone Your Sound With Something More Than The Typical Oversimplified Compressor - Empress Effects Compressor MKII Pedal In Silver Sparkle
When Empress Effects released their original Compressor back in 2011, it quickly became a favorite among guitar and bass players alike who were searching for something more than the typical oversimplified controls found on most compressor pedals. Now, based on their users’ valuable feedback, Empress Effects have taken everything great about their original Compressor and made it even better.
On top of the full range of features and controls normally only seen in high end studio equipment, such as input and gain reduction metering, independent attack and release controls, a mix knob for parallel compression, and an external sidechain insert, they’ve now added a ‘tilt’ tone eq control, and a selectable sidechain high pass filter built into the Compressor’s detection circuit. Oh, and the whole package is now half the size and available in two snazzy colors!
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here
- Extremely Transparent: Add dynamic control without altering the original tone of your instrument
- 3 Compression Ratios: 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratios offer lots of flexibility
- Attack and Release Control: allows for ultimate control over the compression characteristics
- Mix: Blend uncompressed signal in with the compressed signal for parallel compression, New York Style
- Metering: Meter both gain reduction and input levels on separate meters
- Tone: New tone knob, a "tilt" style tone knob centered at 500Hz to nail that perfect tone
- Sidechain Send/Return: 3.5mm TRS jack send and return for sidechain compression
- Sidechain High Pass Filter: No need to add a high pass filter to the sidechain, now there is one built in that can be toggled off or set to 120 or 240Hz
- True Display LEDs: Bright multi-color LEDs always let you know what the compressor is doing
- Power On Bypassed or Engaged: For musicians that never want to turn their compressor off.
- True Bypass: The Empress Compressor employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size: New enclosure approximately half the size of the original compressor, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Beautiful Case: It has a sparkle you can't deny, in blue or silver
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.