*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Randy's Revenge, A Robust Modulator Pedal From Fairfield Circuitry
At its finest, in a considerably small package, powered by your typical 9V power supply, all analog, hand stamped, pure sine wave oscillator, low-pass filtered with a touch of class and apparently musical. These are the requirements of warp speed space travel; a regular occurrence when dealing with Randy's hardware. The lower oscillator frequencies create rich trem/vibe effects, excruciatingly slow or chopped up rhythmic flavors. As the frequency goes up, thick bells, tuned intervals, low-fidelity synth-like effects are only the beginning. Experimenting with the low-pass filter cutoff frequency and the dry/wet mix will yield tones as strange or subtle as desired.
Featuring expanded control voltage (CV) capabilities that allow for interactions beyond the simple stacking of effects, Randy can be used to control and be controlled by other CV-capable devices. The stereo CV is switch-programmable for use with an expression pedal or as a 2-channel CV port. Both the oscillator and low-pass filter frequency are voltage-controllable. The internal oscillator is also available as an output, turning Randy into a stand-alone voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO).
- The Voltage-Controlled Oscillator: The VCO generates a low distortion sine wave whose frequency can be controlled in many ways. The HI/LO switch sets the operating range of the VCO; LO for 0.5Hz - 45Hz, HI for 18Hz - 2.4kHz. The FREQ control sets the oscillator’s rate within the selected range.
- THE Four-Quadrant Multiplier: The effect commonly known as ring modulation is simply the multiplication of two signals. The result of which is the sum and difference of all frequencies involved. Ideally, this also means that none of the original signals should be present in the output
- The Voltage-Controlled Low-Pass Filter: Located after the multiplier, the second-order low-pass filter affects only the modulated signal, not the clean one. This proves useful in taming the incoherent mess generated by the multiplication. The LPF control sets the cutoff frequency of the filter
- The Input And Output Sections: When engaged, the input is first buffered by a discrete JFET gain stage, providing an ideal interface for instrument-level sources and a characteristic tone. The MIX control is quite simple, ranging from fully dry to fully wet. The output level is set with VOLUME control
- 1/4” mono input/output jacks
- 1/4" stereo CV jack
- 2.1mm DC connector
- 4.7” x 3.8” enclosure dimensions
- True bypass
- Input impedance 1MΩ
- Output impedance 2kΩ
- Power supply 9 to 9.6 VDC
- Current draw 40 mA max
Manufacturer: Fairfield Circuitry MAS Distro
Model: RANDYS REVENGE
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details