Be Blown Away At Up-close Or At Mid-range With The Focal Trio11 Be Active Nearfield/Midfield Reference Monitor
Highly Versatile - The Loudspeaker Dedicated to Nearfield and Midfield.
As well as new speaker drivers (a 5" midrange and a 10" subwoofer) with high efficiency and power handling, the Trio11 Be monitor enjoys all of Focal's very latest technologies when it comes to acoustics and electronics: TMD and NIC technologies; optimised vents that promote dynamic control and perfect bass definition; high excursion, enabling even more linearity of the subwoofer...
Thanks to its class G amplification, Trio11 Be delivers a high SPL (118dB at 1m) and offers a great versatility of use and installation configurations in nearfield AND midfield applications. A key asset, always coming along with an extremely precise sound reproduction and stereo image.
With an extended bandwidth (30 Hz-40 kHz), this loudspeaker is also composed of a 3-way monitor and a 2-way monitor, just like Trio6 Be, which lets you check the mix transfer sound quality thanks to FOCUS mode.
This double monitor meets the needs of the most demanding sound engineers, designed for nearfield and midfield applications. Its extreme neutrality, the precision of the stereo image and its ability to reproduce the tiniest details of sound are the answer to the most picky engineers. In the same way, the class G amplification used on the midrange and the subwoofer enable extremely high SPLs to be reached to meet the needs of modern music. With Trio11 Be, power and versatility are waiting for you.
Dynamics, Neutrality And Precision
A Focal signature, the pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter offers a perfectly linear frequency response and a detailed reproduction of the treble. Its exclusive profile guarantees optimum energy transfer from the coil to the dome making a high efficiency tweeter (capable of covering 5 octaves from 1,000 to 40,000 Hz) while providing wide sound dispersion.
The 10" subwoofer's 'W'-profile cone enables a true optimisation of the frequency response thanks to a precise control of the rigidity, lightness and damping. The balance between these three fundamental parameters is the basis of the monitor's incredible sound neutrality.
The aluminium plate incorporating the tweeter and woofer is adjustable through 360 degrees, in 90 degree increments, so the Trio11 Be can be used either vertically or horizontally. This function makes it possible to optimise the monitor's performance based on its positioning in the room and the latter's acoustics.
Focus Mode - 2 Monitors In 1
Trio11 Be combines two monitors in a single enclosure. The 3-way monitor provides a flawless control of the entire audio spectrum (30 Hz - 40 kHz). The 2-way monitor, with a frequency response of 90 Hz to 20 kHz, makes it possible to check the transfer quality of mixes on systems with a limited frequency response in the bass (televisions, computers, cars, etc.).
The cabinet, developed and manufactured by Focal in its cabinetry workshop in Bourbon-Lancy in France, consists of two side panels and a body in MDF measuring between 13/16" (21mm) and 13/16" (30mm) thick: an indicator of the quality of each material chosen, combined with careful attention to the finishes.
Trio11 Be has two side panels in a natural dark red burr ash veneer and a black central body, for an aesthetic rendering that is also discreet and hard-wearing.
- Remote FOCUS switchover (3-way monitor or 2-way monitor) via control pedal (not included); control the transfer quality of mixes on compact systems quickly and simply
- Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directivity, linearity, dynamics
- 'W' composite sandwich cone on woofer and subwoofer: neutral sound, no distortion
- Rotating mid-treble plate: can be positioned horizontally or vertically
- Bass, mid-bass and treble settings on rear panel: optimum acoustical integration
- High SPL (118 dB @ 39 3/8" - 1m)
- Optimised decoupling of the midrange speaker driver thanks to silent blocks
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Frequency response
- 3-way mode: 30Hz - 40kHz (+/- 3dB)
- 2-way mode: (Focus) 90Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Maximum SPL
- 3-way mode: 118dB (peak @ 1m)
- 2-way mode: (Focus) 105dB (peak @ 1m)
- Inputs Type/Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10KOhms
- Connectors: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adaptable, +4 dBu or -10 dBv
- Bass: 300W, class G
- Midrange: 150W, class G
- Treble: 100W, class AB
- Power Supply
- Local supply: 230V (1.6A T fuse) - 115V (3.5A T fuse)
- Wiring: Connection Detachable IEC inlet power cord
- Indicators and Controls - Rear Panel
- Input sensitivity selector (+4dBu/-10dBV)
- Low frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 35 to 250Hz)
- High frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 4.5 to 40kHz)
- Low-mid EQ frequencies (+/- 3dB to 160Hz, Q factor = 1)
- FOCUS input / FOCUS output
- Auto Standby: Auto standby switch on the back of the loudspeaker: enable / disable switch
- LED: Focus power on, clipping and default LED on front panel
- Subwoofer: 10W96701D Focal 913/16" (25cm) speaker driver with 'W' composite sandwich cone
- Medium: 5W04701 Focal 51/8" (13cm) speaker driver with 'W' composite sandwich cone
- Tweeter: TB872 Focal 1" pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Construction: 13/16 and 1 3/16" (21mm and 30mm) panels with internal braces
- Finish: Natural veneering side panels Dark red burr ash, black body
- Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxDxW): 25" x 13 9/16" x 17 3/4" (635 x 345 x 450mm)
- Weight: 82.2lbs (37.3kg)
Model: TRIO11 BE
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.