Get Unparalleled Flexibility And Design With TheÂ Gallien-Krueger 2001RB 2 Way 500+50 W Bass Amp Head
BI-AMP FLEXIBILITY- Unique Horn Bi-Amp system sends the high frequencies to the horn through a separate 50W amplifier. This has many advantages: The horn level is controlled from the front panel. The horn is not overpowered by the larger amp so failures are reduced. When the woofer amp hits the rails (growl) the horn stays clean.
TONE SHAPING- 4 band active EQ and voicing filters based on the classic 800RB provide extensive tone shaping capability.
DRIVE- Drive channel with independent EQ and volume for moderate grit or full grind.
CONNECTIVITY- Balanced DI with level control, Pre/Post and Ground Lift switches to feed the house, Tuner output, FX Loop for connecting outboard accessories on the front. And two Â¼ inch speaker jacks and two twist lock speaker connectors to ensure reliable and safe cabinet connections, mounted in the rear.
POWER TO SPARE- Two 540 watt power amps allow bridged or dual mono operation for expanded cabinet and speaker load options.
HARMONIC COMPLEXITY- Boost control adds tube like harmonics and signature "GK growl" using G.I.V.E. technology.
BIG IRON- Dual rail Analog power amp and toroidal transformer provide the current required to control the speakers at high volume.
VARIABLE Q- Inherited from the 800RB, this unique design varies the EQ bandwidth to retain a musical response even at extreme settings.
- Woofer Amplifier: 2 x 540W @ 2 Ohms
- 2 x 360W @ 4 Ohms
- 2 x 240W @ 8 Ohms
- 1080W bridged @4 Ohms
- 650W bridged @8 Ohms
- Horn Amplifier: 50W @ 4 Ohms
- Maximum Input Level: 0.6V Rms
- With -10dB pad1.6V Rms
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Send output impedance: 220 Ohms
- Return input impedance: 50k Ohms
- Tuner Output Impedance: 10k Ohm
- Direct Output Impedance: 500 Ohms
- Bass: +10db @ 60Hz
- Lo-Mid: +6db/-10db @ 250Hz
- Hi-Mid: +6db/-10db @ 1kHz
- Treble: +14db @ 7kHz
- String Bass Button: +11db@20Hz
- Contour: +2db@50Hz / -10db@500Hz / +3db@7kHz
- Presence: +9db@10kHz
- Crossover: Triple pole constant voltage crossover at 5kHz
- Noise: -90db referenced to 500W, A weighted
- Cooling: Continuously Variable-Speed Fan
- Amplifier Protection:
- Full short circuit, thermal & RF protection
- Stable into reactive and mismatched loads
- Five second muted warm up
- Power Requirements, U.S.A./Canada: 120V/60Hz
- (full power) 2250W
- (average power) 595W
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.