Experience A Classic Les Paul Made in the Late 50's - The Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Junior Double Cut Reissue VOS in Faded Cherry
1958 was a monumental year for Gibson in which a whole new lineup of now-famous models were introduced. One of them was the redesigned "double cutaway" Les Paul Junior, which has since found its place in music history as a favorite of hard rock musicians. The extra fret access of the double-cut construction allows upper octave leads while the "simple is better" single-pickup setup projects only thick, heavy tone. Gibson Custom Shop has proudly revived the original recipe from 1958 for this Historic Reissue, from the solid mahogany and hide glue construction to the vintage-style wiring. It is an accurate and faithful replica in every possible way.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Wraparound
- Tailpiece: Wraparound
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell Celluloid
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Single-ply Black
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber
- Jack Plate Cover: Black
- Pickup Covers: Black Dog-Ear P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Dog-Ear P90
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details