Get The Original Blues Harmonica With The Hohner 1896BX-D Marine Band 1896 Harmonica, Key of D
The Marine Band 1896 is the archetypal blues harmonica. Almost unchanged since it was patented in 1896, this iconic instrument embodies the real deep blues like no other and is the benchmark against which all others are judged. Initially designed for European folk music, it quickly became a prominent voice of American blues of the early 20th century, played by all harmonica players of this era. It's the soundtrack of broken hearts and dancing all night, of endless prairies and sweaty nightclubs. Like no other harmonica, the Marine Band 1896 is an invitation to express yourself in music, a key to unlock your creativity. When you discover this piece of living musical history, you won't just play the blues. You'll feel the blues.
- Key of D
- Single lacquered pearwood comb
- Arched stainless steel covers with side vents, nailed
- Available in all major keys plus special tunings
- Reed plates (material, thickness): brass, 0.9 mm
- Reed plates (surface): brass
- Reeds (number, material): 20, brass
- Comb (material, color): pearwood, brown
- Comb (finish): double lacquered
- Mouthpiece (surface): pearwood
- Cover plates: stainless steel
- Type: diatonic
- Number of holes: 10
- Tonal range: 3 octaves
- Length: 10 cm / 3.9â€
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA24502
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device