Bring Your Own Human Element Into Your Modular Compositions With The Intellijel Planar2 Recordable Vector Joystick Module
The most complex modulator is you. The Planar 2 puts macro control over six outputs-including a quad panning mixer-into your hands with a buttery smooth joystick. Record up to 30 seconds of your own movements, stretch it or mangle it with scan mode, use a trigger for playback, or just loop it-synced or not. Add yourself to your patch.
A Cornucopia of Control
With its smoothly responsive precision joystick, Planar2 facilitates hands-on vector control of two entirely independent sets of outputs (quadrants A-D, and axis X/Y), plus the ability to capture and playback your gestures. Recording your joystick movements enables the creation of organic and complex envelopes, wild and wobbly LFOs, or extended sonic evolutions. It mixes, morphs, routes and pans audio inputs; triggers gates; outputs control voltages, and is itself, CV-controllable. Planar2 puts the joy back in the joystick, and the fun back in function generator. Its multitasking and tactile interface makes it a flexible and unique control device, no matter what your musical genre.
- Vector control of two independent sets of outputs: one quadrant-based (outputs A, B, C, D) and one dual-axis based (outputs X and Y).
- X/Y Controller: two-axis CV generator sends either unipolar (0V to +10V) or bipolar (-5V to +5V) signal out the X and Y outputs.
- Four Quadrant Controller: With nothing connected to inputs A-D, outputs A-D become joystick-controlled individual unipolar (0V to +10V) control voltage sources.
- Quad mixing & crossfading: Vector mixing and crossfading of four independent inputs (A, B, C, D) to either individual outputs or the mixed output.
- Quad panning: connect a mono source to Input A and use the joystick to pan it to any of the four outputs. Connect a stereo signal to Inputs A and C and pan it forward and backward in quadraphonic space.
- Quad routing: Send audio to Input A and patch outputs A-D to four different processors (i.e. VCF, wavefolder, delay, etc.), then use the joystick to dynamically route the signal through the different effects.
- Gate Generator: Generate gates either manually (by pressing the Manual Gate button) or automatically whenever the joystick is in motion.
- CV Gesture Recorder: Record joystick motions (including gates) to playback either as 1-shot complex function generators or as looped, LFO-like functions. Start time and length can sync to an external trigger, and punch-in/out recording is supported.
- External CV Inputs: In addition to its built-in joystick, Planar2 has two CV inputs, which allow external CV control of quadrant outputs A-D and axis outputs X/Y. A mode switch alters how CV affects these outputs, allowing for some advanced automation techniques (such as circular and spinning motions) that would otherwise be difficult to automate.
- Width: 14HP
- Depth: 40mm
- Power: 85mA @ +12V, 32mA @ -12V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.