Get Powerful Sound Fromm Your Ceiling With The JBL C24CT Microplus Ceiling Speaker
The Control 24C is a compact ceiling speaker providing premium performance in background, foreground and music-plus-paging sound systems. The Control 24C is perfectly suited for a wide variety of applications from professional offices and airports to restaurants and specialty retail stores. High power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion make the Control 24C ideal for sound systems requiring a higher fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. The premium performance capability ensures excellent sound character, providing pleasant, enveloping sound throughout the listening area. The Control 24C’s 16 ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers in parallel without having to use a more expensive constant voltage distributed system. The optional Control 24CT version includes a multitap transformer for 70V/100V systems. JBL’s exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is a non-invasive loudspeaker protection system that is inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. The computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers warm, smooth bass response. Low frequency output can be further augmented with the addition of one of the Control Contractor subwoofer models. The 100 mm (4 in) woofer features a polypropylene-coated cone and pure butylrubber surround for long life, even in high humidity environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling. The coaxially mounted 19 mm (¾ in) titanium coated tweeter provides crisp, clear highs. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage of the listening area. The extremely broad 130° coverage pattern allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation.
- Frequency Range: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Capacity: 80 W Continuous Program Power; 40 W Continuous Pink Noise
- Transformer Taps 70 V: 30 W, 15 W, 7.5 W & 3.7 W taps
- Transformer Taps 100 V: 30 W, 15 W, & 7.5 W taps
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 130° conical coverage
- Directivity Factor (Q): 2.4 dB averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 3.8 dB averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL: 102 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Impedance: 16 ohms (Min Z 16.1 ohms @ 320 Hz)
- Safety Agency Rating: Suitable for use in air handling spaces per UL1480, UL2043, NFPA90 & NFPA 70. S7232/UL Listed, Signaling Speaker. Transformer UL registered per UL1876. In accordance with IEC60849/EN60849.
Model: C24CT MICROPLUS
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.