A Top-Notch Clone of a Legendary Sound - The JHS Cheese Ball Fuzz/Distortion Guitar Pedal
Long ago in a mysterious time that we call the 1990's, a new pedal company was created in England. Its ideas were off the beaten path, and its sounds were otherworldly. Despite existing only a few short years, these creations became the things of legend and one product in particular cast the biggest shadow.
With such artists as The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page, Radiohead, Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine), Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Gary Moore, and many others using the out-of-production units, their Used market prices have begun to rise more and more, sometimes into the $800 range. The Cheese Ball is our faithful and extremely accurate recreation of the original circuit, it is a tribute to one of the most fascinating brands and circuits of all time!
The Cheese Ball has your standard Volume, Gain, and Tone knobs found on most distortion fuzz boxes, but comes with an extra mode selector knob that gives you four different overall tone and gain selections. In the “off” position, the Tone knob is disengaged, giving you a bright and trashy fuzz/distortion sound.
In the “1” position you have a mid-scooped sound that will give you a Big Muff style buzz for a rounded sound reminiscent of fine mozzarella that sits just right on your pizza but doesn’t get in the way. The “2” position is a mid-boost sound that will cut through a mix like a hot knife through Velveeta. Finally, the “3” position gives you a biting, gated fuzz tone that, when cranked, spits, spats, and bites like gorgonzola naturale.
The JHS Cheese Ball is our homage to one of the most excellent fuzz/distortion pedals ever created. Rediscover the finest aged cheese in the pedal world.
- Volume: Controls the overall volume of the unit - Right is more, left is less.
- Gain: Controls the amount of distortion/fuzz - Right is more, left is less.
- Tone: Controls the overall tone of your signal - Right is bright, left is dark. The Tone knob is disengaged when in the “Off” mode.
- Mode Selector: Selects between 4 tone modes
- “Off” is the brightest and lowest gain mode and removes the Tone knob
- “1” adds in the ability to use the Tone knob and is a mid-scoop sound
- “2” adds more mid-range and adds a little more gain
- “3” adds much more gain and will give you a gated fuzz sound when the Gain knob is turned up
- Input: 1/4" jack on the right side of the pedal
- Output: 1/4" jack on the left side of the pedal
- Requires standard 9V DC negative power
- Uses 9V DC Negative Center - Do not use more than 9V DC. Your warranty will be voided.
- Consumes 9mA
- 2.6" x 4.8" x 1.6"
Manufacturer: JHS Pedals
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details