Anyone Can Experience The Joy Of Music With The Korg EK-50 61 Key Entertainer Keyboard
THE KEYBOARD THAT HELPS YOU PLAY
If you've ever wanted to play or perform your favorite songs, or thought of a melody that could become an original song, Korg is here to help you realize your musical potential. The KORG EK-50. Is an entertainer keyboard that you can enjoy on any musical level, and an instrument that grows along with you.
Automatic accompaniment "styles" provide an entire backing band you as you play the keyboard. From the moment you start playing, the rich accompaniments are created to inspire you to add phrases as they come to mind. As you gain performance skill, you can easily access the more advanced functions to give shape to the ideas of your musical sketch.
- Styles that support your performance
- Play a wide variety of sounds
- A layout that makes the numerous functions intuitive
- Built-in speakers for immediate enjoyment anywhere
- Convenient music styles
- Play back favorite songs on the instrument while performing
- Add styles from Korg's extensive library
- Styles support your performance
The EK-50 is equipped with automatic accompaniment functionality called "styles", which allow you to automatically produce a rich accompaniment with just one finger on the left hand, or by playing chords. Since this accompaniment changes according to the keyboard position or the chord that you play, you can easily improvise by playing the melody with your right hand. It's like leading a band that knows hundreds of songs with the touch of a finger.
EK-50's onboard styles cover more than 280 musical genres from around the world, each with four variations ranging from simple to complex, as well as an intro and ending for the beginning and end of the song. You can add variety to your performance by switching these buttons in time with the rhythm.
There's also an "STS" (Single Touch Select) function that automatically selects recommended when you switch styles. It's a perfect pairing of sound and style, all set up and ready to go, so that you can focus on learning, creating or performing.
PLAY A WIDE VARIETY OF SOUNDS
The EK-50 contains more than 702 realistic sounds including pianos, violin, sax, and drums. You select and play the sound you need, whether you're playing a solo performance or are playing in a band. You can also use the Split function to divide the keyboard and play different sounds simultaneously - such as piano with the right hand and bass with the left. This creates additional enjoyment with different combinations of sound.
A LAYOUT THAT MAKES THE NUMEROUS FUNCTIONS INTUITIVE
The middle of the operating panel has a bright, clear display that shows the currently selected sound and style names in large characters for great visibility. The principal switches are illuminated by their own LEDs which helps you visualize the setting of each function. There's also a "Grand Piano button" which brings you right back to the starting grand piano sound at any time, regardless of the currently selected sound.
BUILT-IN SPEAKERS FOR IMMEDIATE ENJOYMENT
Powerful 10W x 10W stereo speakers are built into the instrument. They can reproduce not only the sound of the instrument itself, but also sound from an external device that you connect to the input jack. Additionally, a music rest and AC adaptor are included, so you're completed ready to go right out of the box. The EK-50 also works with AA batteries (sold separately), so you can play on the go!
CONVENIENT MUSIC STYLES FOR INSTANT, COMPLETE PLAYING SETUPS
The EK-50 contains 64 "music styles" that preset the style, sound and tempo suitable for the songs that you're familiar with. Simply selecting a music style and playing is an easy way to improvise.
- 700 sounds and 280 Styles with 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 count-in and 2 endings per
- Easy layout including LED buttons to clearly indicate what is selected
- 10W x 10W stereo speakers
- Song recorder
- Audio player (mp3, wav)
- USB/MIDI, Device and Host connectivity
- Compatible with all Pa50 Styles (with Nov. update, free)
- 4 x stereo multi-effects processors (2 for style, 2 for sound; 148 effects variations)
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Touch Control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed
- Sound Generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices
- Sounds: Over 702 sounds, 41 drum kits (including GM compatible sound sets)
- Keyboard Sets: More than 170 sets
- Accompaniment part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- Keyboard part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- 34 types (148 variations)
- More than 280 presets
- 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 count in/break, 2 endings, synchro start/stop, tap tempo
- Music styles More than 16 styles
- Demo Songs: 18 songs
- Audio Player: MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Record: Real-time recording (style mode), maximum of 999 songs (approx. 100,000 notes), 12 tracks (4 keyboard parts + 8 auto accompaniment parts), original format (can convert to SMF0)
- Playback: Supports song play (playing on the keyboard during song playback), SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1
- Scales: 11 types (including user scale)
- Power button
- VOLUME knob
- STYLE/[MUSIC STYLE] button
- SONG/[DEMO SONG] button
- KEYBOARD SET/[STS] button
- GRAND PIANO button
- each button in the PART MUTE/[SOUND SELECT] section
- SETTING/[EFFECT] button
- MEDIA button
- SPEAKER EQ/[SPEAKER OFF] button
- [SHIFT] button
- ENSEMBLE button
- SPLIT button
- METRONOME/[BEAT SELECT] button
- TAP TEMPO/[TEMPO LOCK] button
- TRANSPOSE b and #/[OCTAVE -/+] buttons
- CATEGORY button
- Value buttons
- + button
- - button
- Each button in the STYLE/SONG section
- Each button in the SET LIST section
- Set lists: 10 banks — 4
- Metronome: Tempo, beat, volume
- Tempo: 30-240
- Key Transpose: C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12)
- Tuning: 427.5-452.9 Hz
- Foot controller jack: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack
- AUDIO IN jack: 3.5 (1/8") mm stereo mini-phone jack
- OUTPUT L/ MONO, R jacks: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphones jack: 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo mini-phone jack
- USB A port: TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers
- USB B port TO HOST port for connecting personal computers
- Amplification: 10 W — 2
- Speakers: 120 mm (4.72") double-cone speakers — 2 (bass reflex box-type)
- Speaker EQ: 8 types
- MIDI: USB MIDI
- Display: Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power supply: AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries) — 8 (sold separately)
- Battery life: When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 5 hours
- Power Consumption: 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 994 mm — 392 mm — 132 mm/39.13" — 15.43" — 5.20" (not including sheet music stand)
- Height with sheet music stand attached: 329 mm/12.95"
- Weight 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries)
- Included items: AC adapter, sheet music stand
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.