Get An Evolved Next-Generation Analog Synthesizer For Sound Design And Performance - The Korg Minilogue XD Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Korg wanted to deliver a next-generation analog synthesizer for a new generation of musicians new to analog synthesis. That dream was realized in the development of the minilogue, which instantly made the analog synthesizer approachable.
In addition to emphasizing the same real analog sound and joy of controlling an electronic musical instrument offered by the original minilogue, the minilogue xd newly adds a digital multi-engine, effects, a powered-up sequencer, and micro tuning functionality, further expanding the possibilities for sound design and performance potential.
ANALOG SYNTHESIZER CIRCUIT THAT SHATTERS EXPECTATIONS FOR ITS CLASS
Voice structure of minilogue xd is 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to the distinctive circuits found in the series, such as wave shaping to shape the overtones of the oscillator and a sync/ring switch, there's also cross modulation, a sharp two-pole filter, and a drive switch that adds thickness and drives signal into minilogue xd's filter. Every parameter has been tuned in detail based on what musicians want out of their synth. The sounds range from the warm pads typical of analog to fat basses and crisp lead sounds, covering every situation.
EQUIPPED WITH A DIGITAL MULTI-ENGINE
The additional sound design possibilities of digital sound are delivered by the multi-engine that's provided as a third oscillator in addition to the two analog VCOs. This engine, which is equipped with three different types of sound generator (Noise, VPM, and user slot) lets you take advantage of a sonic character that's different than analog, and use it at the same time as the analog engine, infinitely expanding the potential of hybrid sound design.
USER CUSTOMIZATION BRINGS OUT INFINITE POTENTIAL
The minilogue xd features a customizable open environment. The unit comes with 16 user oscillator slots and 16 user effect slots that you can customize. Oscillators and user programs that you've created with the SDK (Software Development Kit) can be loaded into the minilogue xd via the dedicated librarian software.
POLYPHONIC STEP SEQUENCER CONTROLLED BY 16 BUTTONS
The step sequencer provides 16 steps, and supports both realtime recording and step recording. You can use the 16 step buttons to select a step directly, allowing quick editing to replace the pitch of a step or to mute it, or even improvisatory performances. Motion sequence lets you record the movements of up to four knobs, adding time-varying change to the sound, and you can record not only smooth changes in value but also values that change precisely at each step. You can use this to design the sound differently at each step; for example, you might create a drum pattern or sound effect from just a single program. This allows countless ideas to be unleashed.
OSCILLOSCOPE AND MOTION VIEW DISPLAY
The organic EL display is now larger, and also provides oscilloscope functionality for you to view sound as the electrical signal's waveform. This makes parameter changes visible in real time, giving you visual feedback that helps you understand how the synthesizer works. The display can also show motion view for visualizing the movement of a stored motion sequence.
- Sound Engine Type(S): Hybrid (Analog And Digital)
- Number Of Presets: 200 Factory, 300 User
- Oscillators: 2 X Analog VCO (Sawtooth, Triangle, Square), 1 X Digital (Noise, VPM, User), 1 X LFO
- 37-keys (Slim-key, velocity sensitive)
- Analogue sound generator + Multi digital sound generator (Noise, VPM, User)
- 4 voices
- 500 voices (more than 200 preload, 300 user programs).
- Each program provides a program sort function that includes voice mode settings.
- Favorite function built in.
- 4 (POLY, UNISON, CHORD, ARP / LATCH).
- The VOICE MODE DEPTH setting allows different parameters to be varied for each mode.
- 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
- Main Synthesis Parameters
- VCO1: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- VCO2: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- MODULATION: SYNC, RING, CROSS MOD DEPTH
- MULTI ENGINE: NOISE/VPM/USER, TYPE, SHAPE
- MIXER: VCO1, VCO2, MULTI
- VCF: CUTOFF, RESONANCE, DRIVE, KEYTRACK
- AMP EG: ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE
- EG: ATTACK, DECAY, EG INT, TARGET (PITCH, PITCH2, CUTOFF)
- LFO: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), MODE (BPM, NORMAL, 1-SHOT), RATE, INT, TARGET (PITCH, SHAPE, CUTOFF)
MAIN EFFECT PARAMETERS
- EFFECT: TYPE (MODULATION, REVERB, DELAY), ON/OFF (SELECT, ON, OFF), TIME, DEPTH
- MULTI ENGINE
- Noise Generator: 4 types
- VPM oscillator: 16 types
- User oscillator: 16 slots
- CHORUS: 8 types
- ENSEMBLE: 3 types
- PHASER: 8 types
- FLANGER: 8 types
- USER: 16 slots
- DELAY: 12 types
- USER: 8 slots
- REVERB: 10 types
- USER: 8 slots
- Joy stick that can modify different parameters for each program, PORTAMENTO knob
- Main: Real-time OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes
- MULTI ENGINE section: 7 segments x 6 digit LED display
- Headphone jack (Stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks (monaural phone jack unbalanced)
- CV IN 1, CV IN 2 jacks (3.5 mm [1/8-------------------------"] monoural mini jack, Input voltage: -5 V - +5 V (Modulation mode), -3V - +5 V (CV/Gate mode)
- SYNC IN jack (3.5 mm [1/8-------------------------"] mini jack, maximum input level 20 V)
- SYNC OUT jack (3.5 mm [1/8-------------------------"] mini jack, output level 5 V)
- MIDI IN jack
- MIDI OUT jack
- USB B jack
- DAMPER jack (half damper is not supported)
- AC adapter (DC9 V)
DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)
- 500 mm x 300 mm x 85 mm / 19.69-------------------------" x 11.81-------------------------" x 3.35-------------------------"
- 2.8 kg / 6.17 lbs.
- AC adapter
ACCESSORIES (SOLD SEPARETELY)
- SC-MINILOGUE Soft shall case
- SEQUENZ MP-TB1 MULTI-PURPOSE TALL BACKPACK
- SQ-CABLE-6 Sync cable
- DS-1H Damper pedal
- PS-1 Pedal switch
- PS-3 Pedal switch
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details