Get The Long-Awaited Desktop Module Of Korg's Next-Generation Analog Synthesizer - The Korg Minilogue XDM Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer Module
The desktop module is equipped with the same controllers as the keyboard version, making it a great choice not only as an additional sound module for your keyboard or DAW but also providing excellent performability, giving you an easy way to include an analog polyphonic synth in your setup. It's also equipped with a poly-chain function that lets you connect it with another minilogue xd or minilogue xd module so that the two units can operate as a polysynth with a total of up to eight voices in your studio or on stage.
Equipped With an Analog Synthesizer Circuit and a Digital Multi-Engine
Voice structure of minilogue xd is 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to the distinctive circuits found in the series, such as wave shaping to shape the overtones of the oscillator and a sync/ring switch, there's also cross modulation, a two-pole filter that can be both sharp and fat, and a drive switch that adds thickness and drives signal into minilogue xd's filter. Every parameter has been tuned in detail based on what musicians want out of their synth. The sounds range from the warm pads typical of analog to fat basses and crisp lead sounds, covering every situation.
High-Quality Digital Effects
Minilogue xd's high-quality digital effects use 32-bit floating point DSP processing, adding a finishing touch to its deep sound design platform. The three types (modulation effects, reverb, and delay) can be used simultaneously, letting you choose from a wide range of variations including chorus, ensemble, warm tape delay, and a diverse variety of reverb. The user effect slots allow you to load your own effect programs that you've created.
Polyphonic Step Sequencer
The step sequencer provides 16 steps and supports both realtime recording and step recording. You can use the 16 step buttons to select a step directly, allowing quick editing to replace the pitch of a step or to mute it, or even improvisatory performances. Motion sequence lets you record the movements of up to four knobs, adding time-varying change to the sound, and you can record not only smooth changes in value but also values that change precisely at each step. You can use this to have different parameter values at each step; for example, you might create a drum pattern or sound effect from just a single program. This allows countless ideas to be unleashed.
Poly Chain Support
The minilogue xd module can be used in conjunction with another unit (*2) in the minilogue xd series (*1) for poly assignment settings. Specify one unit as the master and the other as the slave, and they will play as an eight-voice polyphonic synthesizer (*3). This supports a variety of uses, such as a voice-expansion module for the minilogue xd or as a sound module for a DAW-based production system.
- For keyboard-equipped models, supported in system ver. 1.10 or later.
- Any combination of the xd and xd module can be used.
- The two xd units can each play four voices, for a maximum total of eight voices. The master unit takes priority for producing notes, and the fifth and subsequent voices are assigned to the slave unit.
Free Bundle Of Music Software
The minilogue xd module comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including Ozone Elements which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, Skoove which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, Reason Lite DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
Included Apps for iPad/iPhone
- KORG Gadget Le (music production studio DAW app)
- KORG Module Le (piano/keyboard sound module app)
Included Software for Mac/Windows
- KORG Collection - M1 Le (synthesizer sound module)
- UVI Digital Synsations (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Ultra Analog Session (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Strum Session (acoustic guitar sound module)
- AAS Lounge Lizard Session (electric piano sound module)
- Propellerhead Reason Lite (DAW music production software)
- Skoove free 3 month trial of Skoove Premium (online piano lesson)
- KORG Gadget Le for Mac (DAW music production software)
- iZOTOPE Ozone Elements (Audio Mastering Plug-in Software)
Poly Chain Function
- Two minilogue xd units can play up to eight voices polyphonically.
- Analogue sound generator + Multi digital sound generator (Noise, VPM, User)
- 4 voices
- 500 voices (more than 200 preload, 300 user programs).
- Each program provides a program sort function that includes voice mode settings.
- Favorite function built in.
- 4 (POLY, UNISON, CHORD, ARP / LATCH).
- The VOICE MODE DEPTH setting allows different parameters to be varied for each mode.
- 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
- Main Synthesis Parameters
- VCO1: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- VCO2: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- MODULATION: SYNC, RING, CROSS MOD DEPTH
- MULTI ENGINE: NOISE/VPM/USER, TYPE, SHAPE
- MIXER: VCO1, VCO2, MULTI
- VCF: CUTOFF, RESONANCE, DRIVE, KEYTRACK
- AMP EG: ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE
- EG: ATTACK, DECAY, EG INT, TARGET (PITCH, PITCH2, CUTOFF)
- LFO: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), MODE (BPM, NORMAL, 1-SHOT), RATE, INT, TARGET (PITCH, SHAPE, CUTOFF)
Main Effect Parameters
- EFFECT: TYPE (MODULATION, REVERB, DELAY), ON/OFF (SELECT, ON, OFF), TIME, DEPTH
- Noise Generator: 4 types
- VPM oscillator: 16 types
- User oscillator: 16 slots
- CHORUS: 8 types
- ENSEMBLE: 3 types
- PHASER: 8 types
- FLANGER: 8 types
- USER: 16 slots
- DELAY: 12 types
- USER: 8 slots
- REVERB: 10 types
- USER: 8 slots
- Joy stick that can modify different parameters for each program, PORTAMENTO knob, KEYBOARD knob
- Main: Real-time OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes
- MULTI ENGINE section: 7 segments x 6 digit LED display
- Headphone jack (Stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks (monaural phone jack unbalanced)
- CV IN 1, CV IN 2 jacks (3.5 mm [1/8"] monoural mini jack, Input voltage: -5 V - +5 V (Modulation mode), -3V - +5 V (CV/Gate mode)
- SYNC IN jack (3.5 mm [1/8"] mini jack, maximum input level 20 V)
- SYNC OUT jack (3.5 mm [1/8"] mini jack, output level 5 V)
- MIDI IN jack
- MIDI OUT jack
- USB B jack
- DAMPER jack (half damper is not supported)
- AC adapter (DC9 V)
- (W x D x H): 500 x 179 x 85 mm / 19.69" x 7.05" x 3.35"
- 2.6 kg / 5.73 lbs.
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details