Shape Your Sound With True Analog Low-End - Korg Volca Bass Analog Bass Machine
Aggressive sounds that stand up to the drums; fat sounds that support the rhythm; funky sounds that generate a groove - the volca bass is an analog bassline groove box that has what you need for a wide range of bass lines.
Although simple in structure, the analog sound engine has an unmistakable presence with subtle nuances that cannot be reproduced by a digital simulation; it's a great choice for acid house and many other styles of music. The step sequencer distilled from the Electribe is not only visually intuitive; it's also a powerful way to generate "free form" bass loops that will stimulate your inspiration.
Following in the footsteps of the monotron, monotribe, and MS-20 Mini analog synthesizers, Korg announces the volca series. The Korg volca Series is a lineup of EDM production tools comprised of three distinct models: the volca Keys lead synthesizer, the volca Bass synthesizer, and the volca Beats rhythm machine.
Three Oscillators Generate a Variety of Bass Sounds
Generating the thick and modulated sounds that you expect from an analog synthesizer, the three oscillators can be used in a variety of ways from one-part unison to three-part chords, giving you an incredible diversity of bass sounds.
By creating a sequence that uses each oscillator individually, you can create a complex pattern in which three different phrases are woven together. Using the oscillators in a 2+1 combination lets you place one set of oscillators at a low pitch and the other at a higher pitch, producing a bass line and melody simultaneously. When using the three oscillators together, you can slightly detune their pitch to generate thick unison sounds; alternatively, setting their pitch to 0, +3, and +7 will produce a chord.
Bright, Crisp Sound From Korg's Legendary Analog Filter
The analog filter has been fine-tuned specifically for the volca bass. Turning the Cutoff knob to open the filter will make the sound brighter and more expansive; closing the filter produces a rounder and milder sound. Using the Peak knob to raise the resonance will initially produce a clean peak, and further increases will create great-sounding distortion. The resonance distortion that's so important for acid music has been tuned especially to accommodate bass sounds.
Simple Structure With a Single VCF, VCA, LFO, and EG
In addition to the three VCOs, the volca bass provides a carefully selected parameter structure consisting of a single VCF, VCA, LFO, and EG, ensuring that the sound that you want can be created intuitively. This is also the standard structure of a synthesizer, making the volca bass an ideal introductory instrument for learning the fundamentals of synthesizers - the enjoyment of creating your own sounds.
The Electribe's Step Sequencer
This step sequencer is designed to make editing easy and to let you add or remove parts in an improvisational way. You can use the 16 step keys to intuitively enter notes while visually monitoring the timing of the notes within the measure. You can also enter completely different phrases for each of the three oscillators, and play the touch panel keyboard to record in real time, and up to eight sequence patterns can be stored in internal memory.
Slide Function That's Indispensable for EDM
With its distinctively "sticky" sounding pitch and filter, acid bass is an indispensable type of sound for an analog synthesizer. The volca bass provides a Slide function that creates the impression of connected steps, making it easy for anyone to produce acid sounds. The slide can be specified for each step.
- Three analogue oscillators for thick, huge bass lines
- Low-pass filter with resonance specially tuned for classic squelches and screams
- Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series
- Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
- Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Structure: 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO Wave: Saw, Square
- VCF: Cutoff, Peak, EG Int
- VCF: Type Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- VCA: EG on/of, Sustain on/off
- LFO: Rate, Int, Target (Amp, Pitch, Cutoff), Wave (Triangle, Square)
- EG: Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Number of parts: 3
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 8
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In: (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out: (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply AA alkaline battery x6; AA nickel-metal hydride battery x6; AC adapter "KA-350" (optional)
- Accessories: AA alkaline battery x6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC adapter "KA-350"
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details