Get True Analog Variablity And Character With The Korg Volca Keys Analog Loop Synthesizer
Volca Keys is a long-awaited synthesizer that adds a new chapter to the long and storied history of Korg's analog synthesizers. Volca keys is a 27-key analog lead synth that generates unbelievably powerful sound from its compact body. Starting with a filter section that uses the circuitry of the legendary miniKORG700S (1974), it delivers astonishing sound that takes full advantage of Korg's half-century of know-how in circuit design.
With a simple structure that includes delay effect and a sequencer, it's also an ideal choice as a first analog synth. It offers the richly expressive sounds that are distinctive of an analog synth, providing the enjoyment of simple yet deep sound-creation.
Simple Three-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
With its structure of 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, and 1EG, the volca keys has a recognizable, versatile structure. The ability to generate diverse and powerful sounds with just a few carefully selected parameters is a distinctive characteristic of analog synthesizers. The possibilities are endless; you can use the three oscillators to play chords, use them in unison with detune to produce solid lead lines, or apply ring modulation to create far-out metallic sounds. This is also an ideal beginner's instrument for learning the enjoyment of creating your own sounds.
Voicing Function Lets Anyone Create Sounds Easily
The Voicing function makes it easy to specify how the three oscillators will be combined. Simply turn the knob to choose one of six combinations: Poly, Unison, Octave, Fifth, Unison Ring, or Poly Ring. Without complicating the volca's simple design, this feature makes it easy to obtain a wide variety of sounds.
Delay Effect for Even More Sonic Possibilities
The volca keys contains a delay effect that's indispensable for creating spacey synthesizer sounds. This effect also reproduces the pitch change that occurs when you change the delay time on an analog tape echo unit.
Loop Sequencer Lets You Record Phrases Just As You Play Them
There's a loop sequencer with up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard just as you play. It's easy to create phrases that come to mind, and you can also use overdub recording to produce complex loops that could not be played individually.
Use the Motion Sequence function to meticulously craft your loops
The Motion Sequence function lets you record knob movements, letting you apply time-varying changes to your sound that will enhance your loops and add originality to your live performances.
Use the Active Step Function and Flux Function to Add Dynamic Change to Your Sequences
Active Step is a function that lets you skip a step during sequence playback. It can create effects similar to a short loop or unexpectedly irregular rhythms, allowing dynamic performances just as though you were performing the sequence itself.
By turning on the Flex function, you can play back the phrase without quantizing the steps, producing a loop with a distinctive sense of groove.
Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift with changes in temperature or the passage of time. The volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
Sync Jack and MIDI in Connector Allow Synchronized Performance With Multiple Units or With Your DAW
- Three note true analogue synthesis with one knob per function for easy hands-on tweaking
- 16-step sequencer with Flux mode for non-quantized free flowing loops
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series
- MIDI In for note entry, plus external sync and control from your DAW
- Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
- Multi touch Keyboard
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 Structure 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO: Octave, Ring Modulation, Detune, Portamento, EG Int.
- VCO Wave: Sawtooth, Square
- VCF: Cutoff, Peak, EG Int
- VCF: Type Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- LFO: Rate, Pitch Int, Cutoff Int, Wave (Sawtooth, Triangle, Square)
- EG: Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Delay: Time, Feedback, Temp Sync
- Number of parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 8
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync Sync In: (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out: (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply: AA alkaline battery x6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery x6; AC adapter "KA-350" (optional)
- Accessories: AA alkaline battery x6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC adapter (KA-350)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 46 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.81 inches
- Weight: 377 g / 0.83 lbs (Excluding batteries)
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details