Complete Your Volca Rig With The Korg Volca Mix Analogue Performance Mixer
Volca mix is the long-awaited mixer for the volca series. The volca mix is a four-channel analogue performance mixer that lets you construct a live setup combining multiple volca units.
Volume faders are easy to control, plus crisp-sounding LO/HI CUT filters, and a master chain that radically transforms the sound. In addition to the sync function found on all volcas, there are also DC output connectors that can supply power for up to three volca units. Numerous functions to facilitate your on-stage volca performances have been packed into a high-quality aluminum-paneled body, reminiscent of a high-end DJ mixer.
The volca mix will unlock the maximum potential of the volca series.
An analog mixer for performance.
The volca mix is a four-channel analog mixer with an intuitive interface and plenty of connectivity. It provides two mono inputs and one stereo input, perfect for connecting three volca units. The jacks are mini-jacks, allowing you to make connections with just one stereo mini-cable from the headphone out of each volca unit. The channel volumes use vertical faders that allow precise control. The gain can be boosted to adjust the mix balance, and mute buttons are also provided. Each channel is also equipped with a LO/HI CUT filter that lets you control the low and high frequency ranges with a single knob. The pristine, natural-sounding filters that you expect from analog gear give you complete control over the character of your sound.
Output and monitor capabilities for use on stage, plus stereo speakers for maximum portability.
The output section provides RCA stereo line outputs to ensure stable connection. Thereâ€™s a master volume with LED VU meter for adjusting the output level, as well as a headphone output that can be used simultaneously with the line output, providing a reliable monitoring environment on stage. Speakers are also built-in for excellent portability. The stereo speakers are placed at both sides of the front, and while compact, deliver SPL levels that are even greater than the built-in speakers on previous volca units.
Powerful master chain.
The volca mix is equipped with master effects powered by all-analog circuitry. In addition to an expander that broadens a mono source into a stereo sound image, thereâ€™s a dynamic range compressor that compresses the high-frequency range according to level changes of the low-frequency region, as well as a side chain effect thatâ€™s indispensable for dance music. Use these to dynamically vary the mix, adding a professional feel to live performances with the volca.
Connect an external effect unit for further variety.
The volca mix provides a stereo mini-jack send out and AUX in jack, and send level knobs for each channel. This allows you to use it with an external effect unit in a send/return connection. When used in conjunction with a unit such as the mini kaoss pad 2S, you can also enhance your live performances using standard effects such as reverb, delay, filter, and break. The AUX in jack can also be used as a stereo input channel for a fourth volca unit, an iOS app, or any other gadget, instrument, or device.
As the master of your volca live setup.
The volca mix features an analog sync out jack that can easily be connected to many pieces of KORG gear for tempo sync, and also a play button and tempo knob to control that sync signal. By using the volca mix as the sync master device of your live setup, you can easily enhance your live performance, such as simultaneously playing sequences from multiple synced units, and combining mute and volume control to create performances that use your volca units in even more ingenious ways.
DC out lets you use three volca units simultaneously.
Three VOLCA DC OUT jacks are provided, and by connec
- AC adapter
- DC-DC cable x 3
- Audio cable x 3
- Mixer Type: Four channel analogue mixer
- Number of Channels: Two mono, one stereo
- Mono output volca: volca keys, volca bass, volca beats, volca kick
- Stereo output volca: volca sample, volca fm
- Channel Controls: Lo/Hi Cut, Send Level, Mute, Volume (Available to boost +6 dB gain)
- Bus: Four channels analogue mix bus, monaural mix send bus, stereo AUX In/Return bus
- Master: Volume
- Analog Stereo Width Expander (Width)
- Analog Dynamic Range Compressor (Dynamics, Speed)
- Play, tempo
- Mixer In: x 3 (1/8" [3.5 mm] stereo mini jack, 0dBu)
- AUX In: (1/8" [3.5 mm] stereo mini jack, 0dBu)
- Send Out: (1/8" [3.5 mm] stereo mini jack, 0dBu)
- Sync Out: (1/8" [3.5 mm] stereo mini jack, Output Level: 5 V)
- Audio Output: LINE OUT (L/R, RCA pin jack, Max 11.1 dBu) Headphone (1/8" [3.5 mm] stereo mini jack)
- Speaker: Built-in stereo speakers, On/Off
- Power: AC Adapter
- Current Consumption: 300 mA
- Output Power: VOLCA DC OUT x 3 (Connect with including DC-DC cable, up to 800 mA in total, 9 V)
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89771
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device