Get A Powerful Bass Synth With A Sound Source Based Around A Vacuum Tube Oscillator With The Korg Volca Nubass Vacuum Tube Synthesizer
Even today, when digital technology allows electronic musical instruments to simulate any sound imaginable, people seek the warm harmonics and distortion produced by analog vacuum tubes. This distinctive sound has a quality beyond words that sets it apart, and cannot be captured by a response curve; it's the unmistakable sound of tubes.
An acid bass machine for a new generation combines classic sound with the power of modern synthesizer design. It's the volca nubass.
A VACUUM TUBE OSCILLATOR CIRCUIT FORMS THE HEART OF VOLCA NUBASS, UTILIZING GROUNDBREAKING NUTUBE TECHNOLOGY
"The Nutube contains two independent triodes; one is used in the oscillator to generate a sawtooth wave or square wave. The other triode is used in the drive circuit of the sub oscillator, adding depth and warmth one octave below the oscillator. This oscillator and sub oscillator provide a circuit structure that brings out the harmonic character that only a real vacuum tube could provide.
A TRANSISTOR LADDER LOW-PASS FILTER THAT PRODUCES A DISTINCTIVE SOUND
The low-pass filter defines the sound of this bass machine; it uses a transistor ladder design found on classic analog bass synths. This filter is uniquely dynamic in the way it affects a sound more than just ranging from bright-to-dark. Its wide range of timbral possibilities makes it ideal for a broad variety of dance music; you can use it to create the distinctive modulation that can be heard in acid house, or increase the resonance to bring out a sharp character that's appropriate for techno.
A 16-STEP SEQUENCER THAT LETS YOU AUTOMATE PARAMETERS
The volca nubass is equipped with a full-fledged 16-step sequencer with a variety of functionality; by using it in conjunction with a rhythm machine, you can construct rhythm tracks or loop music.
You can use the 16 buttons for step input just like the rest of the volca series, or play the buttons as a keyboard for realtime recording. The chain function lets you play back multiple sequence patterns in succession, allowing you to loop up to 16 sequences.
THREE FUNCTIONS TO CREATE GROOVES ON VOLCA NUBASS
The sequencer of the volca nubass provides three functions that add the slap and slide performance techniques that are distinctive of acid bass: these transpose, accent, and slide functions are accessible and controllable through the step sequencer.
Transpose is a function that plays a note one or two octaves higher; it adds movement to the bass line while staying within the original scale. Accent emphasizes a note, creating dynamics that make the rhythm expressive. And the slide function that's indispensable to acid sound creates a smooth transition to the next note. Use these functions to add a sense of groove, and volca nubass will come alive in your performances and compositions.
Randomize settings can be applied to each of these three functions. In addition to generating unpredictable patterns, you can update the randomize settings to keep varying the patterns, bringing out more unexpected and exciting ideas from the sequencer.
FREE BUNDLE OF MUSIC SOFTWARE
The volca nubass comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including â€œOzone Elementsâ€ which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, â€œSkooveâ€ which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, â€œReason Liteâ€ DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
INCLUDED SOFTWARE FOR IPAD/IPHONE
- KORG Gadget Le (music production studio DAW app)
- KORG Module Le (piano/keyboard sound module app)
INCLUDED SOFTWARE FOR MAC/WINDOWS
- KORG Collection - M1 Le (synthesizer sound module)
- UVI Digital Synsations (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Ultra Analog Session (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Strum Session (acoustic guitar sound module)
- AAS Lounge Lizard Session (electric piano sound module)
- Propellerhead Reason Lite (DAW music production software)
- Skoove free 3 month trial of Skoove Premium (online piano lesson)
- KORG Gadget Le for Mac (DAW music production software)
- iZOTOPE Ozone Elements (Audio Mastering Plug-in Software)
Keyboard: Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 1
- Structure: VTO (oscillator, sub-oscillator), VCF, VCA, EG, LFO, Overdrive
- Number of parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16 (pattern chain is available)
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16 (No.1 - 10 are factory preset)
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: MIDI In
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply: AA alkaline battery x6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery x6, or AC adapter "KA-350" (optional)
- Included Items: Six AA alkaline batteries for checking operation, Sync cable
- Accessories (sold separately): KA-350 AC adapter, SEQUENZ CB-4VOLCA hard shell case, SEQUENZ CC-VOLCA dedicated carrying case, SQ-CABLE-6 sync cable
Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 46 mm / 7.61" x 4.54" x 1.82"
Weight: 370 g / 0.82 lbs. (Excluding batteries)
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details