The Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone shares the same electronic attributes as the Manley Labs Gold Reference Microphone Series, but has a center-fixed cardioid-only capsule with a thicker gauge (6 micron) gold sputtered diaphragm. With the similar film thickness and construction, similar high frequency resonance (a little edge), similar proximity effect and pretty good immunity from pops and sibilance problems, our Manley Laberatoreis Reference Cardioid Mic more closely recalls how many of the vintage European tube mics such as the beloved U47 sounded like when they were new. Its rich tonal balance and liquid character is consistently admired for instruments such as guitars, drum overheads, saxophone, and especially vocals. With your present mic, if you find yourself leaning on your compressors and boosting 5 or 10K to score a bit more testosterone, then the Manely Labs Reference Cardioid Microphone just might be the mic you“óËé¼Ëäóre looking for to cure what ails ya. If you seem to be constantly boosting 12-18K and trying to get a clean, intimate sound, then probably the Manley Labs Reference Gold Mic would be the safest bet.
If you want to sound like God, then use the mic Don LaFontaine used! The Manley Reference Cardioid mic.
- All-Tube triode design 12AT7
- -10 dB switchable pad
- Frequency response: 10Hz-30KHz
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Noise typically -120dB EIN
- Max SPL: 150dB
- Actual output impedance 200 Ohms
- Selected matched pairs available
- Outboard Power Supply is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer re-wiring via internal jumpers and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Mains Fuse: 250mA @ 100~120V; 125mA @ 220~240V operation
- Power Consumption: 70mA @ 120V = 8.4 Watts
Manufacturer: Manley Laboratories
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details