Get Warmth And Punch With The Mapex 14" x 6" Black Panther Design Lab Cherry Bomb Snare Drum
The Cherry Bomb 14" and 13" Snares are a re-imagined and optimized version of the original Cherry Bomb snare. The Design Lab Cherry Bomb is crafted with a medium-thick Cherrywood shell. The soft density of Cherry absorbs higher overtones, delivering a warm, focused tone and a punchy backbeat. It sounds and feels vintage but is built with modern precision, reliability and function.
- The softer Cherry shell produces a pre-EQ'd sound with strong response in the 400-600 Hz range for strong low-end, but with a boost in the 5-7 kHz range to enhance attack, delivering a vintage tone for classic and alt-rock styles.
- The SONIClear Bearing Edge is standard on all Black Panther Design Lab Shells and allows the drumhead to sit flatter and make better contact with the shell. The result is a clearer fundamental pitch, effortless and consistent tuning, and a significantly expanded tuning range
- Design Lab Snares feature Puresound Custom Series 16-Strand wires. The wires are medium-gauged evenly spaced standard coils, providing an even balance between snare response and shell sound.
- The Cylinder-Drive Strainer and Butt-End Adjuster use a self-lubricating bearing to ensure smooth operation. The adjustment dial employs "micro-lock" technology that provides precise control and prevents the snare wires from loostening during play.
- Cherry Shell
- 8-ply 9mm Cherry
- Dual Air Vents
- Natural Satin SAS Finish
- Chrome Hardware
- 45° SONIClear™ Batter and Snare Side Bearing Edges (both with â…œ" Rounded Back-Cuts)
- 2.7mm Deep x 5.5" Width Tapered Snare Beds
- Sonic Saver 10-Lug Hoops in Chrome Finish
- Puresound Custom Series 16-Strand Stainless Steel Coils with Copper End-Plates
- Remo Ambassador X Batter & Remo Clear Ambassador Snare Side
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.