OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get A Premium Conga Designed InTribute To One Of The Most Respected Conga Players - The Meinl MSA1134AWA Artist Series 11 3/4" Conga (Ramon "Mongo" Santamaria)
Ramon “Mongo” Santamaria was without a doubt one of the most respected conga players ever, and a pioneer of modern Latin Jazz. During the 50’s his band “Black Cuban Diamonds” laid down the foundation for an outstanding career. Ramon recorded dozens of legendary percussion albums. Worldwide Jazz hits, such as “Watermelon Man” in 1963 and the album “Summertime” from 1980 are only two of the many recordings from this great master percussionist. Mongo has inspired more percussionists around the globe than any other conguero. Mongo Santamaria died at the Baptist Hospital in Miami, USA in February 2003. He was 85 years old. It is with great appreciation and deepest respect that Meinl honours their friend and his life’s work with his MEINL Artist Series Mongo Santamaria Congas.
- True skin buffalo heads
- Gold tone hardware
- 4 mm rounded SSR Rims
- 10 mm strong tuning lugs
- Two ply American White Ash Construction(Fraxinus americana L.)
- SIZE: 11 3/4" Conga
- HEIGHT: 30"
- High gloss finish
- INCLUDESMEINL Conga Saver (patented)MEINL SoundpadsAccessory pouchL-shaped tuning keyTune Up Oil
Manufacturer: Meinl Percussion
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA55205
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device