The Combo You've Asked for and More - The Mesa/Boogie Mark V:35 1 x 12-Inch 35/25/10-Watt Guitar Combo Amplifier In Black
The new MARK FIVE: 35™, in the traditional compact Boogie® 1x12 Combo format, provides a "greatest hits" collection of our renowned Mark Series circuits from 3 Decades.
Following a 35-year tradition of 4xEL84 based power with successful models such as the Caliber™, Maverick™, Nomad™ and Lone Star®, Mesa/Boogie is proud to add the legendary and first ever MARK preamp to the 9-Pin power lineup and introduce the MARK FIVE: 35™. This light-middleweight is an upgraded rendering of their recent smash hit, the mini-platform MARK FIVE: 25™ and like it, the new 35 boxes far above its class.
To further bolster the new MARK FIVE: 35's stage-ready resume, they've added a Channel Independent SOLO Feature, a long-spring tank for the all-tube Reverb, the complete set of Voicing Choices from their CABCLONE™ with the addition of the VINTAGE setting to its on-board DI Output and an upgraded Footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices. This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on demand and exciting, dynamic headroom when you need it, creates the most adaptable MARK amplifier yet!
Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power
Utilizing Mesa/Boogie's Dyna-Watt™ technology within the Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable power array, this performance-oriented model offers substantially more headroom, punch and power in 35 WATTS, while two low power options, 25 and 10 WATTS provide a looser feel and enhanced power clip expression. Each of the 3 Power Level settings has its own sonic character and can be used to further authenticate the sound styles you are aiming at with your Mode choices and preamp settings. The power ranges and wiring styles are; 35 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power), 25 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power) and 10 Watt (Class AB Triode).
2 Channel and 6 Modes of Mighty Compact Power
The MARK FIVE: 35, like the MARK FIVE™ it’s born from, is really a collection of iconic amplifiers. It’s a living history of MESA/Boogie! Channel 1 covers the entire gain spectrum from chiming tight clean sounds, through furry, edge-of-clip, to Classic Rock CRUNCH and all the way up to burning saturated Lead sounds. Channel 2 delivers the legendary MARK II-C+ and warmer, rounder MARK IV in all their glory and the XTREME Mode from the MARK FIVE.
To round out the two-Channel, six Mode preamp and lightweight but mighty sounding power section, the MARK FIVE: 35 is available as a portable 1x12 Combo. The Combo can be coupled with an additional Extension as well for greater coverage.
You'll find added tone shaping in Channel 1 via the MID/BOOST feature on the MARK FIVE: 35 From 0 to 5 on the MID/BOOST you will find the normal range of a standard MID control in a condensed form. From 5 to 10 on the MID/BOOST, a wonderful graduation of overdrive possibilities unfolds, enhancing gain over a broad midrange spectrum and increasing the versatility of each of the 3 Modes in Channel 1. CLEAN and FAT give way to furry and howling, while CRUNCH rolls past Classic Rock to unleash Metal rhythms and molten layers of harmonic complexity for Lead work.
Mesa/Boogie's legendary BOOGIE® 5-Band Graphic EQ provides the ultimate in sonic flexibility. Dial your sound in with the standard Tone controls and if further shaping is desired, employ the targeted power of the 5-Band Graphic EQ and tweak as you see fit.
The MARK FIVE: 35 incorporates independent SOLO controls that allow each Channel to have its own level for the SOLO footswitchable boost feature. On this 35 Watt MARK rendering however, unlike other MESA amplifiers, the SOLO feature is really an alternate MASTER control wired in parallel with the Channel MASTER and therefore can achieve levels above or below that of the Channel MASTER controls.
A "Preview" feature is built into the Footswitch that indicates the status of the SOLO control of the Channel you are NOT playing through. A dim YELLOW LED above the SOLO button of either Channel on the Footswitch indicates the SOLO is called up and will be active when you next engage that Channel. At that time, the LED on the Footswitch will illuminate full strength and change color to match the Channel's LED color (Green for Channel 1, Red for Channel 2) and the SOLO will determine the Channel’s volume level until you switch it off and return to using the Channel’s MASTER control.
The MARK FIVE: 35 includes a HEADPHONE Output for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not possible or convenient to play through a speaker. This jack derives its "speaker simulated" signal from the included CABCLONE D.I. feature and delivers a surprisingly good rendering of the MARK FIVE: 35's sound and feel to your headphone set of choice. Use this output for late night practicing as it offers an authentic and inspiring Tone and feel by including your power tubes and output transformer in the signal path, and is then frequency compensated and level matched courtesy of the on-board CABCLONE D.I. circuitry.
The MARK FIVE: 35 upgrades include additions to the on-board CABCLONE D.I. feature, which now offers three classic "cabinet simulated" VOICING Modes and gives you the full feature set of the stand-alone CABCLONE D.I. minus the OUTPUT control. The simulations are an analog representation achieved through passive means (without op-amps to add gain for shaping) and were created using our 45 years of experience co-designing custom speakers with the world's top makers and designing custom cabinets to load them in.
These CABCLONE "virtual-cabinet" options allow you to tailor the direct circuit's EQ response for different cabinet styles, gain regions and/or different instruments and pickups. The choices range from bright and open with enhanced top end for buffed clean sounds (OPEN BACK), to a more compressed voice with the upper harmonics shelved for warm, singing single note sounds and thick high gain rhythm work (VINTAGE), to a scooped midrange and boosted top and bottom response curve called CLOSED BACK that excels for heavy Crunch rhythm and high gain Lead work.
Among these three VOICING options here on the MARK FIVE: 35 you have a broad spectrum of responses to choose from when going Direct. How you wish to apply them is up to you and these descriptions merely provide a guideline to start with. Regardless of how you dedicate them to your Channels for your recording needs, you'll have all the power needed to capture great guitar sounds Direct.
- Wattage: Multi-Watt™ 10, 25 or 35 (Channel Assignable)
- Channels & Modes: 2 Channels / 6 Modes
- Mode Voicings styles: Ch. 1 = Clean, Fat or Crunch Ch. 2 = Mark IIC+™, Mark IV™ or Extreme
- Graphic Eq Reverb Fx Solo: Graphic EQ, Reverb, FX Loop & Ch. Independent Solo
- Foot switchable Functions: Ch. 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2
- Speakers Impedance: 1 - 8 Ohm Celestion Custom 90 / Total Load = 8 Ohms
- Weight: 44 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 18 1/8" H x 18 3/4" W x 11 1/2" D
- Available Formats: 1x12 Combo
- Amp Type: Tube
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Preamp Tubes: 6x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 4x Mesa EL84
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent 3-Position Style Mode Switch, 10/25/35 Watt Multi-Watt™ Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost* (Ch 1), Mid (Ch 2), Bass, Presence, Reverb (back panel), Master, Footswitchable Channel Independant Solo and Graphic EQ Assignment Switch (On, Off or Footswitchable) - *The Mid/Boost Control on Channel 1 doubles as a standard Mid Control when set between 0 to 5 and turns into a Variable Gain Boost when set from 5 to 10
- Graphic Eq And/or Contour: Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ (Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Off)
- Reverb Effects Bypass Options: All-Tube, Long-Tank Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- Effects Loop Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Global Solo Level Control: Footswitchable, Channel Independent Solo Controls
- Internal Amp Load For SpeakerLess Performance: Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Headphone Output: Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Cabinet Simulation Direct Live recording Output: Built-in Mesa CabClone™ Cab Simulator with Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output - Featuring Closed Back, Open Back & Vintage Cabinet Simulations, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches
- Speaker Outputs: One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- Extra Features: Larger Transformers than the Mark Five: 25
- Footswitch: Included - 4 Button Footswitch (Ch. 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2)
- Slip Cover: Included - Fitted Slip Cover
Manufacturer: Mesa Boogie
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.