Get Lost in a Realm of Sonic Possibility with the Moog Matriarch Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog's semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch's patchable architecture, and classic Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, shifted, and stored with Matriarch's intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog's original circuit designs, Matriarch's 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary- from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into awash of infinite delay trails. Coupling the power of vintage-designed stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multi-dimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time.
Though Matriarch's semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard into a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment's notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
- Oscillators based on the Minimoog
- Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
- Filters based on the classic 904A module
- Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
- VCAs based on the classic 902 module
- Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
- Type: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Sound Engine: 100% Analog
- Number Of Keys: 49 Full-Size Keys
- Type Of Keys: Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired - available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal into CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- Sound Sources: 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3, and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
- Mixer: 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC-coupled discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behavior
- Filters: 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable Low Pass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP).
- Mod Sources: Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output (Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold, Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square)
- Envelopes: 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
- Attenuators: 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- Mults: 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAs: 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- Effects: Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage-controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O.
- Arpeggiator/Step Sequencer: 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12 Sequence locations
- Patch Points: 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4 Parallel-wired Mults.
- Pedal Inputs: 1/4" Sustain, 1/4" Expression
- Audio Input: 1/4" TS jack (Rear Panel)
- Audio Outputs: 2x 1/4" TS jacks for line-level output (Rear Panel), 1/4" Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mm Delay outputs
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- 32" (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4" (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2" (13.97cm) High
- 24lbs. / 10.89kg
- Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip)
- 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC
- 50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.