Rock The Stage With The Music Man Stingray Special 5 HH Bass Guitar In Speed Blue
The first bass designed by Ernie Ball Music Man, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has been an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With its powerful punchy sound, the added flexibility of additional pickups and a comfortably contoured body the StingRay5 satisfies even the most demanding of players.
Rebuilt From The Ground Up
Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for today's most discerning players
5-Bold Sculpted Neck Joint
The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
Refined Body Contours
Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
Powerful Neodymium Pickups
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds.
New 18-Volt Preamp
A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- 13-3/8" wide (34.0 cm)
- 1-5/8" thick (4.1 cm)
- 45-3/4" long (116.2 cm)
- Body Wood: Select Hardwoods
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black, White, Mint, or White Pearloid (dependent on body color)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Maple, Rosewood, or Ebony (dependent on body color)
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard - Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.