Experience The Most Intuitive Workflow You Have Ever Seen With The Nektar Technology Panorama P4 MIDI Controller Keyboard
The Nektar Panorama P4 is an incredible keyboard controller instrument with the most intuitive workflow you have ever seen.
Spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro and Reason puts the spotlight on performance and creativity. Keyboard and pads are dynamic, sensitive and balanced carefully with a solid feel that allows for complete expression. All this, combined with 93 real-time controls available at any one time, makes Panorama the definitive keyboard controller for Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro & Reason.
Panorama's keyboard action uses weights to offset the otherwise increasing tension you would experience from the spring. This means the down movement is as clean as possible and not heavy or fatiguing to play. We keep the down weight required within the heavy end of common standards for acoustic pianos. In addition, the dynamic range is much wider than what you experience on most controller keyboards allowing better control of both low and high velocity values. 5 velocity curves gives you choice just in case your playing style requires a different feel. Monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, plus foot switch and expression pedal jacks sets you up for performance.
A crystal clear 3.5" color TFT display delivers the information you really need, for each mode or menu. Regardless of whether you are operating Reason or programming MIDI assignments in Internal mode, the display provides detailed information that makes your workflow fluent and fast. Panorama takes the hard work out of using a controller and makes operations that seem complicated and non-transparent on other products, straight-forward and simple.
An unrivalled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller keyboard around. 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 1 100mm motorized ALPS fader, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons, 12 pads each with strike and pressure component, foot switch jack, expression pedal jack, keyboard after touch, pitch bend and modulation wheels gives you immediate control of up to 93 parameters at any one time. You can store settings in 20 presets with individually save and loadable keyboard, pad and F-keys maps. We could argue that it gives you access to over 1500 assigned controls, but that would be spinning it too far.
Setting up presets or F-keys maps is easy on Panorama. The Control Edit menu enables you to quickly select a control and in real-time assign the MIDI command you want. For each control values can be scaled, reverse and assigned specific or global MIDI channels.
The motorized 100mm touch-sensitive ALPS fader gives you pro-console mixer channel control when operated with Cubase, Nuendo or Reason. Watch the fader move when you change tracks and just move it to change volume. Two LED buttons controls Solo and Mute so no matter what mode you operating Panorama in, you always have pro-console control within reach.
It's hard to go places without transport so Panorama features an extended 11 button transport bar, positions right where you need it controlling: Return to L, Forward to R, Undo, Click on/off, Record Mode, Cycle on/off, Back, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Using the shift button, these also double up as 11 function buttons each assignable to MIDI commands or QWERTY macro's.
NOW WITH SUPPORT FOR LOGIC
Panorama Logic integration includes control over Logic native plugins, 3rd party AU plugins and of course comprehensive Logic DAW control. Three dedicated buttons give you access to Mixer, Instrument and Transport modes, each uniquely updating Panoramaâ€™s assignments and parameter display for a complete, transparent workflow. With Panorama, there is no guessing. Just focus on
- Apple Main Stage 3
- Cocos Reaper
- Bitwig Studio
- Logic Pro
- 49 note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/ aftertouch
- 5 velocity curves plus fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- PB1/2 buttons
- 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
- 5 keyboard maps store all settings
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
- 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 7 velocity curves
- Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
- Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
- Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
- Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
- Load or Save to any of 20 pad maps
- 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and transport keys)
- Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
- F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modes
USB Class compliant, no driver is needed for:
- Apple iOS, Apple OSX
- Windows XP, or higher
- Linux (MIDI driver software required)
NEKTAR DAW INTEGRATION
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higher
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
- ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
- 3.5â€ high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
- Nektar DAW Integration
- Presets and setup files for major DAWs and VIs
- Expression pedal 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- MIDI output
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power (Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader)
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions: 33 2/8"(L) x 13"(D) 3 6/8"(H)
- Weight: 14 Lbs
Model: PANORAMA P4
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.