OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get The Heart of a Legend With The Neumann M 147 TUBE Large Diaphragm Cardioid Tube Condenser Microphone - Nickel
The Neumann M 147 Tube is a vacuum tube condenser microphone with cardioid characteristic. At the heart of this microphone is the K 47 dual diaphragm capsule, inherited from this model's now legendary predecessors, the U 47 and the M 49.
Following the capsule is a tube that functions as an impedance converter. The next stage is an efficient, transformerless output circuit, that guarantees an extremely low self-noise level. Note: This innovative combination of current tube technology with the most advanced solid-state circuitry was decisive in awarding the 1997 TEC Award to the related M 149 Tube mic.
The M 147 Tube can feed extremely long microphone cables without affecting the quality of the audio signal. Like all Neumann tube microphones, the Neumann M 147 Tube comes with an elegant satin nickel finish.
The Neumann microphone is delivered as a complete set in a high-quality aluminum case. Included with the microphone are a microphone cable, a metal swivel mount for a mic stand, and a compact universal power supply for standard mains sockets. Neumann's modern manufacturing methods makes it possible to offer this complete set at a very attractive price.
The famous capsule, together with complimenting tube characteristics, makes the Neumann M 147 Tube especially well suited as a vocal mic. In addition, it is a superb spot mic for all types of musical instruments. The extremely low self-noise of its tube circuitry makes the mic perfectly suited for use in modern recording chains, analog and digital.
The Neumann M 147 Tube is addressed from the side, where the microphone body has the diamond-shaped Neumann company logo. The black color identifies tube microphones. The capsule is equivalent to the one used in the U 47, and is the deciding factor in determining the sound characteristic. It has a flat frequency response to the upper midrange, and a boost of up to 3 dB above 2 kHz. The headgrille design is a smaller version of the U 47. It protects the capsule effectively against popping and wind noise.
The Neumann M147 Tube has a cardioid characteristic, leaning more toward super-cardioid due to its distinctive capsule design. At higher frequencies the pattern becomes more directional. This is very similar to the model after which this new tube microphone was patterned, the U 47 and the successor, the U 47 fet.
When compared to other microphones, the impedance converter used in the Neumann M 147 Tube is distinguished by its extremely low self-noise level of only 12 dB-A / 24 dB CCIR weighted.
Similar to the recently introduced M 149 Tube, the new Neumann M 147 Tube combines a specifically selected vacuum tube (triode) with modern circuitry. This technique takes full advantage of the special transfer characteristics of the tube and passes the processed audio signal of the capsule to the microphone output, without any coloration or unwanted side effects.
The tube am
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) 70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) 82 dB
- Typical SPL (tube characteristic) 114 dB for THD < 0.5 %, 134 dB for THD < 5 %
- Maximum output voltage 8 dBu
- Powering Power supply N 149 A
- Matching connector Microphone: DIN 8F, Power Supply: XLR3F
Model: M 147-TUBE-SET-US
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA52306
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device